headphones for home use/working out
May 6, 2015 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hiey182

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, 

Im new to this forum and just registered here to get your thoughts about my dilemma here..
So Im searching for a very good headphone, with very nice bass and treble
I would use them at home for music and movies, and while working out as well! (but it doesnt have to be wireless)
I just started to look after such a beauty, and Im very interested in Sennhauser.. But Im opened of course for others as well
I like to listen to house (or what genre is Aviici :D), pop and rock.
Preferred price range would be up to 140 dollars.

If any more information is needed to give advice to me, ask please
Thanks to anyone who has time to help me.

May 6, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #2 of 6
IMO, using the same headphones for the gym and regular use is just a bad idea. Between sweat, catching cords and impact damage, theres too many ways to damage your $140 investment in the gym. Settle on a home pair and pick up a cheaper pair for the gym. I grabbed a set of SoundMagic E10s hp for the gym. 

May 6, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #4 of 6
I'd take for gym either a koss ksc75. or a senn pmx680.
But you are lucky, senn has discontinued the pmx680, and the new model is much more expensive.
So if you want absolutely to spend 100$:
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/sport-earphones-neckband-running-jogging-workouts-pmx-686g

For home listening there are better options, but they might not be ok for working out.

May 6, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #5 of 6
I just thought of the hd25-1. They are very sturdy, but I'm not sure how well they'll resist to sweat.
Also, there's the cable, don't know if it would resist to gym moves.
They are great for "mainstream music", the stuff you listen on radio.

May 6, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #6 of 6
Yeah, having a full-sized or semi-full-sized pair of headphones for the gym is a risky venture. There's a lot more at stake than a budget pair of in-ears. 

However, in the spirit of helping, I'd look at the following if I was you:

1. Sennheiser PX100 II

2. Koss PortaPro

3. Logitech UE6000 or 9000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back