Headphones for loud environment?
Apr 11, 2012 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Zeeke

Head-Fier
I have a odd question so I thought id ask here. I need some closed cans that can run off my iphone using a cmmoy amp that block enough noise for me to still be able to listen to music while cutting my yard. It takes almost 4 hours to mow the whole thing and I currently use some gun noise canceling mono headphones that just really stink. They dont block that much noise and the music is really hard to hear.

Im open to anything up to say 150.00, they need to be durable and able to take getting sweat on them etc.

I listen to mostly Rock/Alternative music.

Thanks for any advice.

Apr 11, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #2 of 6
I'd imagine any half decent iem would probably block more noise.  If it must be closed headphones then try the sennheiser hd25-ii.  Heard the isolation on those is crazy good for headphones.

Cheers.

Apr 11, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #3 of 6
Or you could take the cheap way out and get a cheap decent sounding IEM like the $8 JVC Riptidz, and wear it under the hearing protector. Even though the Riptidz doesn't isolate so well on its own, in combination with the hearing protector you should get great isolation. The Riptidz is sweat and water resistant.

Apr 11, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #4 of 6
The best thing would go with IEMs, cans won't block as much noise as in-ear monitors. As closed cans I'd suggest Sennheiser HD-25 ii & Audio-technica M50.

Apr 11, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #5 of 6
I had some Shure EC3's but soon as they got sweaty you couldnt keep them in your ears. They were great until then. Any suggestions for a good in ear that would stay in better than the shure's?

I pretty much had the M50s at the top of my list but wasnt sure how well they would block out the Toro Zmaster noise :wink:

Any info would be greatly appreciated, its time to cut the yard again.

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
I had some Shure EC3's but soon as they got sweaty you couldnt keep them in your ears. They were great until then. Any suggestions for a good in ear that would stay in better than the shure's?

I pretty much had the M50s at the top of my list but wasnt sure how well they would block out the Toro Zmaster noise :wink:

Any info would be greatly appreciated, its time to cut the yard again.

Which tips did you have on the EC3? Perhaps changing the tips might solve the problem? Were you using foam or silicon tips?
I have never had IEMs falling out of my ears from sweat, although my ear canals don't tend to get so sweaty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back