Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution
Mar 1, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #10,427 of 12,322
Mar 2, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #10,433 of 12,322
We're all MEGA grateful that you went out of your way to let everyone know that you don't like Z. Like, damn, I couldn't have gone through the day if you hadn't specified that. Thank you.

Mar 2, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #10,434 of 12,322
Recommendations for metalcore/djent/deathcore? Something with nice, low bass extension with punch for kick drums, but not flabby or too high in quantity that it intrudes into the mids. Obviously need killer mids for those aggressive guitars and vocals, and decent highs with no sibilance (can be jarring with lower quality recordings sometimes found in metal). I was considering the LCD2 Classic with some EQ or LCD-2 v2, but would love some suggestions. Pairing the headphones with my WA6 SE amp and El Dac II.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #10,437 of 12,322
I'm always confused with the LCD naming scheme. Is LCD-2C the classic or closed?

When I say the 2C I mean the Classic. I think that's the convention? Either way that's what I meant, sorry for the confusion. I can't speak on the Closed (though it's apparently damn good).

Mar 2, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #10,438 of 12,322
When I say the 2C I mean the Classic. I think that's the convention? Either way that's what I meant, sorry for the confusion. I can't speak on the Closed (though it's apparently damn good).

Appreciate it. Someone has reached out with a pair of LCD-2 v2 available, which according to the chart OP posted ranked just about best possible for the price to my eyes. Might give these a try and see how it goes. Only thing I'm worried about is the possibility of finding the mids not aggressive enough... if there's any issues they may be fixed with EQ though.

Mar 2, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #10,439 of 12,322
Appreciate it. Someone has reached out with a pair of LCD-2 v2 available, which according to OP ranked just about best possible for the price. Might give these a try and see how it goes. Only thing I'm worried about is the possibility of finding the mids not aggressive enough... if there's any issues they may be fixed with EQ though.

The flaws in Audeze are, IMO, wildly overstated. I think them unbelievably easy to listen to for long stretches and the LCD-3 remains the best headphone I've ever owned. The LCD-2F (the v2) was my gateway. If they're getting a good amp, they're heavenly. I fear someday when my income goes up again I'll fall down the rabbit hole just like last time.

Mar 2, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #10,440 of 12,322
The flaws in Audeze are, IMO, wildly overstated. I think them unbelievably easy to listen to for long stretches and the LCD-3 remains the best headphone I've ever owned. The LCD-2F (the v2) was my gateway. If they're getting a good amp, they're heavenly. I fear someday when my income goes up again I'll fall down the rabbit hole just like last time.
Stoked to hear that. I think I'll jump on this pre-fazor LCD-2 v2 and see how it pans out. My Woo WA6 SE is on the way, I hope they'll pair well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back