Headphones For The GF (Style Over Sound, Unfortunately)
Nov 20, 2012 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

biggbenn74

500+ Head-Fier
Hello once again, Head-Fi!

My question today is: what headphones do females like? Particularly college age. My girlfriend has been needing some OVER EARS for some time now, and it's going to be Christmas soon... So, what better time than now.

Alright, for starters, she is particularly fond of my Numark Red Waves, hates the style of the AKG Q701, and is so-so on the Sony V700-DJ. So, more dj headphones territory. My budget is under 100 bucks, so nothing out of this world, or at least, not this time. :wink:

Also, she really doesn't care about sound quality, she doesn't like a lot of pink, or girly-girl frilly stuff either. So, now I'm going to be carefully watching and looking up every single recommendation you guys throw at me. Head-Fi has never disappointed me. Ever. So, I have no doubt some of you guys will leave me with some excellent responses.

Thank You, Guys! -BiggBenn

P.S. This post just happens to be my 500th ever here on Head-Fi. Here's to 500 more. :)

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #3 of 15
I think the lack of response is primarily due to the budget constraints. Under $100 is a little tough.

I bought 2xM-80s for two of my female friends for X'mas last year.

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #4 of 15
Koss Pro DJ 100 - good looks, good sound, especially for the price.

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #5 of 15
Aye, it seems that she doesn't care much for the v moda (WHYYYYY?!?!?! :frowning2: )

But, back to the whole dj headphones, the koss caught her eye once upon a time, I believe. Thank you both.

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:
I think the lack of response is primarily due to the budget constraints. Under $100 is a little tough.
I bought 2xM-80s for two of my female friends for X'mas last year.

this.

Would say M80, or white ATH-M50. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #9 of 15
this.

Would say M80, or white ATH-M50. 

I know, the m80 looks so good, but for some reason she doesnt like the way they look. Idk. She has strange tastes in headphones, but shes a girl, she looks at a lot of things differently than I do. I personally would love to unwrap a set of m80s come Christmas day. Oh well. :)

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #10 of 15
I bought my wife the Klipsh Reference One (currently on sale for $75 at WWStereo iirc), and she has smallish ears, so they work as over-ears for her.  They come with a nice case, sound quality is decent, and they look nice.  She's really pleased with them. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #11 of 15
Heya,

I think the obvious is to get her a pair of her own Red Waves ($66).

Otherwise, here's some things to consider perhaps (I know some are over budget... but it's your GF, so..):

Reloop RHP-20
Reloop RHP-10 (white)
Pioneer HDJ-1500-K
P
ioneer HDJ-500R (red)
Hesh 2.0 Rastas
Sennheiser HD 205-II
iSound DJ (black)
Panasonic RP-HTXY-R1 (red)
CAL!
Sony MDRPQ1 PIIQ
AKG K272 HD
AKG K271 HD
I-Tec 5525
Denon DNHP700
Aviators (brown/gold)
I-MEGO IAH-326G Throne Gold

And the Joke Gift. You guys have got to see these.

I would give her the Rastas. They actually sound very decent.

Very best,

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #12 of 15
The Philips Citiscape Uptown are nice too. Way away from DJ style, but very nice. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #13 of 15
Heya,

I think the obvious is to get her a pair of her own Red Waves ($66).
ir

Otherwise, here's some things to consider perhaps (I know some are over budget... but it's your GF, so..):

Reloop RHP-20
ir

Reloop RHP-10 (white)
ir

Pioneer HDJ-1500-K

P
ioneer HDJ-500R (red)
ir

Hesh 2.0 Rastas
ir

Sennheiser HD 205-II
ir

iSound DJ (black)
ir

Panasonic RP-HTXY-R1 (red)
ir

CAL!
ir

Sony MDRPQ1 PIIQ
ir

AKG K272 HD
ir

AKG K271 HD
ir

I-Tec 5525
ir

Denon DNHP700
ir

Aviators (brown/gold)
ir

I-MEGO IAH-326G Throne Gold
ir

And the Joke Gift. You guys have got to see these.
ir

I would give her the Rastas. They actually sound very decent.

Very best,

MalVeauX, thank you so much. This list is amazing. Plus, I had a good laugh at the "joke gift" awesome stuff, as always. :)

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #14 of 15
The Philips Citiscape Uptown are nice too. Way away from DJ style, but very nice. 

Yeah, I love the look myself. And the sound. But her, not so much. Again, different tastes... But thanks anyway, I'm thinking about snagging myself a pair after Christmas.

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #15 of 15
I bought my wife the Klipsh Reference One (currently on sale for $75 at WWStereo iirc), and she has smallish ears, so they work as over-ears for her.  They come with a nice case, sound quality is decent, and they look nice.  She's really pleased with them. 

Thank you, sir. This is going in the possibles box as well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back