Headphones in bed?
Jun 8, 2012 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

cambam

New Head-Fier
I spend quite a bit of time listening to my rig in bed but find it quite uncomfortable on my side as the pressure from the pillow onto the headphone pushes into my head.
I have looked online for a solution but there is nothing so I'm thinking of getting a foam pillow and cutting a headphone sized dip into it.

Has anyone done this? And do others have the same problems? Or is there some other solution you have come up with?

Jun 9, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #4 of 45
Have you tried not sleeping by your side?

I listen in bed often with my Shure SE530 or Sony EX700 but lie flat to avoid putting any pressure on the phones. I understand this position may not be comfortable for some people though....

Jun 9, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #7 of 45
I always listen to music in bed with full size headphones, I just lie on my back. I always sleep on my side, but I find it odd listening to music sideways...

Jun 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #8 of 45
Ive been wearing my sennheiser mm100 in bed. They are bluetooth so I can roll around and not strangle myself, but the band goes around the back of your ear so I have pretty good ear bruises. But i cant sleep without them.. Ear bruises vs. no sleep... Hmm

Jun 22, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #9 of 45
I can't listen to my customs in bed unless I place my head carefully in a way that I don't lose my seal, so don't assume customs will solve the problem.

Aug 14, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #10 of 45
Customs are extremely uncomfortable if you sleep with the side of your head on the pillow. The most comfortable IEM's I've found for sleeping were the Shure SE535's. My Westone 4's aren't too bad either, but the cable is so thin, I worry I may damage it, since I roll around alot when I sleep. This wasn't a concern with the Shure SE535's though, because their cable is so thick. It's almost like a rope. lol.

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #13 of 45
i never wake up with my pair on my head although i sleep in a mummy postition, they are always at my side by freak chance. maybe i should use constraints to help me avoid moving my head...

Sep 3, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #14 of 45
I use the fairly big Shure 840's in bed and while find them ok my ears can get pretty sore after awhile, would love some awesome IEM's that sound good to use in bed and for cycling. I think every review from now should have a comfort section for laying on your side in bed xD.

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #15 of 45
I have the same problems with my Sony Ex1000 
cool.gif

but listening to music in bed all way sounds best 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back