Headphones that Pair Extremely Well with the Balanced Ultra Desktop Amp ( BUDA )
Feb 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

NA Blur

Headphoneus Supremus
My current setup consists of a Grace Design m903 ( DAC ), running balanced outs into a BUDA ( Amp ).  I currently use a pair of single ended Denon AH-D2000 headphones which honestly sound ridiculously good out of this setup.  I experience a little fatigue with the sealed AH-D2000 and am looking for an open headphone that pairs well with the amp.

For those that have the BUDA what headphones do you use for general listening?  I do not like the HD-800, but am willing to try the HD-650 balanced now that I fully understand what the HD-650 is capable of.  I base that comment on my experience with the STAX 009 and Blue Hawaii SE and going back to the HD-650, Cardas cable, and Woo Audio WES.  I was shocked at how close the HD-650 was to the STAX setup.  I am not saying that they sounded the same, but the HD-650 held its price point when driven by the WES.  I do find the HD-650 veiled at low volumes which is why I typically do not recommend it to other users.

Any BUDA users have a balanced set of HD-650 headphones and care to comment here?  Please be sure to list what other headphones you listen to with the BUDA in particular the AH-D2000 which I find simply amazing with the setup.

I have tried balanced:
HD-500
Denon AH-D5000

Thank you kindly,
Blur

Users who are viewing this thread

Back