Headphones that sound like High-End Speakers
Jun 22, 2015 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Beolab

Member of the Trade (Reseller)
Just for fun:

What headphones sounds like a High End speaker?

If you should pick out a headphone that sounds for example like the Focal Utopa Be with the same signature, which one should it be ? :wink:

Namedrop the Headphone and the Speaker:wink:

This could be fun:wink:

Jun 22, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #3 of 8
I'm liking my Hifiman 400i.  
Sounds like my A/D/S L470 speakers with copper braid wire added to the crossover traces, which is powered by NAD 2140 Amp.

BTW, yesterday I powered the Hifiman to the NAD 2140 speaker terminals with some resistors.  Man does it sound good.

Jun 22, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #5 of 8
  Would like to hear the newer 400i then. My older HE-400's don't come anywhere near the upper freq. of my ADS

I pair my ADS with my old B&O S120 speakers and they blend very well together.  I sit about about 5-10 feet away from the speakers when I crank them up.  The Hifiman gives me about the same sound, but without disturbing the neighbors at 11PM.

Jun 22, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #6 of 8
I haven't heard many speakers, but my first time with high end speakers was was at Hanson A/V in Ohio. I had the privilege of hearing the $180,000 Focal Grand Utopia EM loudspeakers and it was one of the most incredible experiences I've had since I started this hobby. The only headphones to come close to that experience were the Hifiman HE-6 on a First Watt F1J amplifier (@Preproman's rig). Truly the most visceral and speaker-like headphones I've heard to date. 

Jun 22, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #8 of 8
I never heard high end speakers so I don't know what they would sound like. I do know I like my HE-500 ran thru my setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back