Headphones that sounds like hd600-660s (but are also comfortable)
Feb 24, 2020 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

akossoka

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone

I have been trying out headphones these past months and i ended up with the audioquest nighthawk carbon

And they are pretty good especially for gaming however i would also like one specifically for vocal performance and vocal isolation

Out of the headphones i tried i liked the hd600-660s sound the most but they are so uncomfortable to me that i rather gave them back

The ones i tried but didnt like:
Dt 1990
MrSpeakers aeon flow open/closed
MrSpeakers Ether 2

The one that comes very close while being the most confortable i tried was the Meze Empyrean

Althou i think this one just bruteforced the vocals by improving everything compared to the others xP

Still i think the hd660s beats it in (exactly the thing im looking for) vocal isolation but i can live with it since its so much more comfortable

Price is no issue for now im planning to get the best i can for this new hobby of mine xP

Last thing i will be running it amp/dacless just from a phone/computer for now
(i will get a suitably high quality amp and dac later just saying that im getting into the hobby so i have no equipment for now)

imho the hd600-660s sound better from a phone anyway than anything else i tried with a proper amp (i mean the dragonfly cobalt and the Unison research sh that the shop had)

My question is:
Is there a headphone as good with the vocals as the hd6** line while being comfortable too?
(if price is no concern)

Thank you for the help :)

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #2 of 6
One of the things that most people agree on about the HD6** series is that are comfortable...some people find the need to stretch the headband out a bit because it is a bit clampy...I think you will get more help in your quest if you can elucidate WHY you find the Sennheisers uncomfortable.
Do you see what I am saying? You are asking for a more comfortable headphone than a headphone most people already think is comfortable. I doubt you are going to get much response other than, "the HD series is comfortable to me..." unless you can articulate why you don't like them.

Feb 25, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #3 of 6
Right
Thank you

Mostly the clamping force and the ear pads

Yes my father also found them comfortable

I have nothing against people who find them comfortable but i think everyone uderstands that im buying for my specific taste xP

The hyperx cloud ii is pretty comfortable also the mrspeakers aeon flow and the nighthawk
They just dont sound as well :/

Mar 3, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #6 of 6
Hello everyone

I have been trying out headphones these past months and i ended up with the audioquest nighthawk carbon

And they are pretty good especially for gaming however i would also like one specifically for vocal performance and vocal isolation

Out of the headphones i tried i liked the hd600-660s sound the most but they are so uncomfortable to me that i rather gave them back

The ones i tried but didnt like:
Dt 1990
MrSpeakers aeon flow open/closed
MrSpeakers Ether 2

The one that comes very close while being the most confortable i tried was the Meze Empyrean

Althou i think this one just bruteforced the vocals by improving everything compared to the others xP

Still i think the hd660s beats it in (exactly the thing im looking for) vocal isolation but i can live with it since its so much more comfortable

Price is no issue for now im planning to get the best i can for this new hobby of mine xP

Last thing i will be running it amp/dacless just from a phone/computer for now
(i will get a suitably high quality amp and dac later just saying that im getting into the hobby so i have no equipment for now)

imho the hd600-660s sound better from a phone anyway than anything else i tried with a proper amp (i mean the dragonfly cobalt and the Unison research sh that the shop had)

My question is:
Is there a headphone as good with the vocals as the hd6** line while being comfortable too?
(if price is no concern)

Thank you for the help :)
Don't disount the Hifiman HE400S planars. They sound a lot like the HD600/650. They tend to be clearer in the mids too. This headphone is probably one of the most comfortable headphones I own, short of the HD700. The HE400I and the HE400 are also both good headphones, but they are a different sound signature than what you are looking for.

They are made efficient (especially for planars) so that you CAN listen to them on a phone. IMO they are quite a remarkable feat of engineering, and tuning. They have been around a while so there are a ton of different reviews you can check out (if you are not able to audition them in person).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back