Headphones without enhancement and boosting features
Jun 23, 2017 at 11:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Randall baker

New Head-Fier
Good morning, I'm trying to find headphones that will last a long time and requires an external equalizer play with the sound quality. How do I know which brands have enhancement chips in them so I can avoid them at all costs? I'm trying to get these kind of headphones to listen to binaural beats.
Thanks
-randall

Jun 23, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #2 of 4
Good morning, I'm trying to find headphones that will last a long time and requires an external equalizer play with the sound quality. How do I know which brands have enhancement chips in them so I can avoid them at all costs? I'm trying to get these kind of headphones to listen to binaural beats.
Thanks
-randall

I'm not sure what you mean by "enhancement" chips. None of my headphones even have chips (not even potato chip crumbs because I don't even eat near my headphones). It's just a plug that goes into a cable that goes into another plug and socket and then some wires connect the driver units.

Second, technically speaking, every headphoone requires an EQ, since none of them measure totally flat, and you use EQ to trim any peak or fill in any deep dives in the response, it just depends on what source is used and what kind of EQ it has (or none if it's a CD transport for example) or how desperately a particular headphone would need EQ.

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #3 of 4
If what you are after is a neutral headphone that does not introduce a heavy bass or push the mids to the front etc. , there are all kinds of Studio monitoring types of headphones that strive to do exactly that with varying degrees of success. You will need to tell us something about your budget and your preference (on ear, over ear, in ear) before anyone is going to be able to help you narrow down your search.

Jun 30, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #4 of 4
Headphones aren't going to have any "enhancement chips" in them unless they advertise it. It's harder to find that type of headphone than it is to find normal ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back