Headphoneus Supremus is not for me.....
Apr 15, 2010 at 11:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

gilency

Headphoneus Supremus
I feel embarrassed to have that title under my name. For one, I am not an expert in equipment.
I know music but my gear knowledge is limited and my quest is not one of changing gear like changing socks.
I want to buy and keep what I buy once I make my decision.
I know were I am going and what gear I want. Moving slowly toward the top Stax phone followed by a slow building of my ideal system.
I enjoy this community a lot and enjoy reading everybody's comments. some of them I value, some i take with a grain of salt.
So ...... is there a way to remove that title under my name?
redface.gif

I have seen some (like Edstrelow) with the title contributor only under his name. I contributed a small amount last year but that title never showed up under my name. how did you do it, Ed?
I only want this: gilency, 100+ member, Contributor.

Apr 16, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #2 of 56
My post number is nearly twice yours, but I too, am no headphone expert. On Audiokarma, I have myself titled as an "Audio Scrounger," and I would like that here.

Apr 16, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #4 of 56
It can only happen by personal intervention of the head-honcho himself. There are very very few of them bestowed in modern head-fi times. I had one for a short while, but I thought it ill-apt so I don't miss it. At the other place i have one that flashes "Banned" which keeps me on my toes.

1500 posts is low in these forum days. But I forsee no change to the titles.

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #6 of 56
I only wear it as a headband because they don't make them to fit gentlemen of my girth and they look even more daft if you tie them in a bow around your unmentionables.

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #7 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only wear it as a headband because they don't make them to fit gentlemen of my girth and they look even more daft if you tie them in a bow around your unmentionables.

LOL. I will keep that in mind!
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #8 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they look even more daft if you tie them in a bow around your unmentionables.

oh....

/me adjusts his bow, inconspicuously

Apr 16, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #12 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boy, I wish my title were that long... Then I'd score all the ladies!

I wouldn't know. I am married and my wife is not impressed.
redface.gif

Apr 16, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #14 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't know. I am married and my wife is not impressed.
redface.gif

I don't think you explained it to her right...

"Hey baby, guess who has the biggest title in all of Head-Fi? (wink and flex)"

It's pretty much equal to being a male supermodel who just happens to be the world most intelligent man in the world. A man so incredible that Chuck Norris has a tattoo of that man's face on his back.

There was more I was going to add to that, but I feel I'm starting to get a little off topic.

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:06 AM Post #15 of 56
just be sure to visit the imaginary headphoneus supremus forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back