HeadRoom shocking for internation customers
Sep 17, 2007 at 8:16 PM Post #31 of 53
No, you need to learn to read.

Importing a K1000 and paying $60 delivery is a reasonable thing to do. Importing a 5p[cheap thing] thing is not.

Sep 17, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #32 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Heh...
cool.gif

(I laughed but have nothing to say...)

Sep 17, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #33 of 53
Quote:

Importing a K1000 and paying $60 delivery is a reasonable thing to do. Importing a 5p[cheap thing] thing is not.

How stupid of me, I read the item was $59. I must have misread, I guess it actually was 5p. How stupid of me. And yes you have completely convinced me with your elaborate argumentation. He was a moron for wanting to import a $59 item because he could not buy it where he lives. Idiocy!
cool.gif

Sep 17, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #34 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How stupid of me, I read the item was $59. I must have misread, I guess it actually was 5p. How stupid of me. And yes you have completely convinced me with your elaborate argumentation. He was a moron for wanting to import a $59 item because he could not buy it where he lives. Idiocy!
cool.gif

I import stuff from Hong Kong (50 range) and shipping cost me about $10. Yes you can get it locally, BUT we're talking about Australia ***, and the only store that sells it has a very steep price. SO in another word, theres nothing wrong with importing a $59 item because it cost like twice as much up here.

Fine talk about quality shipping and stuff BUT shouldn't we the consumer have a choice between crap shipping and high end shipping (some people are prepared to take the risk)?

P.S. Not a rant..i'll probably get something high end anyway to justify the shipping cost.

Sep 17, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #35 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I import stuff from Hong Kong (50 range) and shipping cost me about $10. Yes you can get it locally, BUT we're talking about Australia ***, and the only store that sells it has a very steep price. SO in another word, theres nothing wrong with importing a $59 item because it cost like twice as much up here.

Fine talk about quality shipping and stuff BUT shouldn't we the consumer have a choice between crap shipping and high end shipping (some people are prepared to take the risk)?

P.S. Not a rant..i'll probably get something high end anyway to justify the shipping cost.

The problem with cheap shipping is that when things do go wrong, the ignorant customers still blame, or at least want damages covered by the company.

Sep 18, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #36 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh...
cool.gif

(I laughed but have nothing to say...)

x2 excepted i loled
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

well, headroom staff member Ivy made a response in this thread stating that if you want you can use USPS but you have to email through for a quote. I think this is a good setup.

Obviously though you must waive all responsibility from headroom should the item be damaged/lost in transit. Perhaps follow up on this if you're still interested in those phones.

For instance, I got a pair of phones today with box and good packaging USPS priority international - $13, and it took less than a week to get here. However, if things did go bad I wouldn't be able to blame anyone but myself for being tight on shipping. Usually things work out ok, but when they don't you really wish you had chosen insured/registered.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem with cheap shipping is that when things do go wrong, the ignorant customers still blame, or at least want damages covered by the company.

precisely

Sep 18, 2007 at 11:22 AM Post #37 of 53
The shipping is not that expensive its pretty cheap. I brought a HeadRoom Desktop Balanced Package with Sennheiser HD650 and HeadRoom Desktop Power Supply for $45 Fedex express shipping to Australia. The packaging by Headroom is excellent, each of the item already has a box but they put a even larger on it for protection the cardboard box have more than half the free space left but I bet Headroom has put some hidden fee on the expensive amp so they can ship it cheaper internationally.

Sep 18, 2007 at 1:40 PM Post #38 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cool.gif

5p was indicative of cheapness. D'oh.

Not $59 = 5p.

For such a tiny amount is it earth-shatteringly hard to get elsehwhere? These days stuff is not unavailable worldwide.

My ATs aren't supposed to be sold outside of Japanese shops, I've never been to Japan. OMG, What?
blink.gif

Sep 18, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #39 of 53
Quote:

For such a tiny amount is it earth-shatteringly hard to get elsehwhere? These days stuff is not unavailable worldwide.

My ATs aren't supposed to be sold outside of Japanese shops, I've never been to Japan. OMG, What?
blink.gif

i'm sorry mate, but again i must point out your lack of ability to read, ignorance or complete inability to sympathise with others

he did mention that because of the shipping cost he will go into the city to buy them

however, the reason that he is looking to buy them online/overseas is because the above USD$59 model @ headroom goes for AUD$159 (on the cheaper end of the scale too) which at the time this post was made is about USD$133

so as you can see, buying this particular headphone is more than twice as expensive as getting it overseas. even if he'd paid the $45 shipping for his $59 headphones he'd still come out on top

edit: re: the AT headphones, they're freely available in countries other than Japan through authorised distribution channels

Sep 18, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #40 of 53
Oh, I forgot everything is new and only available RRP.

You may not have noticed the Sale/Trade forum here? Also living miles from anywhere is generally going to cost more.

Like us UKers expect to be completely ripped off buying electrical goods here, its just the price you pay, literally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

edit: re: the AT headphones, they're freely available in countries other than Japan through authorised distribution channels

Thats why I said, 'aren't supposed' and authorised distribution channels aren't shops on the street.

Sep 18, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #41 of 53
Quote:

Oh, I forgot everything is new and only available RRP.

You may not have noticed the Sale/Trade forum here? Also living miles from anywhere is generally going to cost more.

Like us UKers expect to be completely ripped off buying electrical goods here, its just the price you pay, literally.

iloled-pam.jpg

this has been beaten to death, and you're going round in circles

the OP probably has the phones in his hand by now.

lock the thread

Sep 18, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #42 of 53
^ If its old news and lock-worthy why wasn't this thread locked aeons ago?

Its not exactly a secret Headroom charge 'a lot' for delivery.

Sep 19, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #44 of 53
Hi,

I recently had 2 pairs of Koss KSC clip-on earphones shipped to me (WA, Australia) from USA. Arrived in a week, USPS First Class International shipping.
Cost was $8.

Next week I've got a pair of Shure IEMs coming in from Amazon (US). Shipping cost will be $6. I'll let you know when they arrive.

Reasonable shipping rates are available, if companies are able to offer them.

Sep 19, 2007 at 7:31 AM Post #45 of 53
I just think some forgot, it is not how much it cost...... It is how much it weighs, distance, taxes. And insurance is extra! If you live half way around the world from the origination you are going to pay a premium. You pay for THAT luxury. Remember you get what you pay for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back