HeadSix puzzle: music heard with amp turned off
Apr 3, 2010 at 5:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

purabm

100+ Head-Fier
I got this used Meier-Corda Audio HeadSix/XXS amp recently, but found something I don't quite understand when first trying it. I can clearly hear the music played through headphones even without turning on the amp. So there is somehow a close loop in circuit bypassing the switch. It seems working normally after turning volume-dial to activate the amp, but I just don't know how come the sound gets transferred when the amp is off.
frown.gif

Any thoughts on this?

Apr 3, 2010 at 6:23 AM Post #2 of 12
Mine does it as well, no big deal...

Apr 3, 2010 at 6:28 AM Post #3 of 12
I use a PA2v2 and it does the same. My thought is that even though there isn't an energy force pushing a strong signal, there is still a connection, and the source has enough power to push some of the signal through, eeven if at a minimal level.

Apr 3, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #6 of 12
I believe it is an intentional feature to leak a little signal from the input so user can be alerted that their source is still outputting.

Apr 3, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #7 of 12
the same thing is happening to my RSA Predator, it's slowly discharging the juice left in the circuitry... nothing like this is on my Protector tho which I like.

Apr 3, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the same thing is happening to my RSA Predator, it's slowly discharging the juice left in the circuitry... nothing like this is on my Protector tho which I like.

If I understand you, that is not the same thing. The OP's observation has nothing to do with the capacitor in the Headsix discharging. The Headsix will leak sound continuously when off so long as the input source is playing.

Apr 3, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #9 of 12
This happens with my GLite, too, so I wouldn't worry.

Apr 6, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #12 of 12
Happened to my RSA Tomahawk as well. I don't know if this is right or wrong, something I just thought about one day.

When using the RSA, I can hear a muffled sound of my music being played even when the amp is off.
When the amp is turned on and then turned off, the amp still plays music until the light goes out. My hypothesis? The amp is using a little..... either not battery pack but something that holds power and runs off of that. The player itself can send a signal through this or that signal can be amplified when the power is turned on.

Like others have said, it shouldn't be a problem. I messed with it a couple of times and thought it was "cool".
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back