Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Dec 17, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #3,151 of 4,123
Finally, a reply from Robert. Thank you.

Dec 21, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #3,152 of 4,123
well I've had a week to listen to the 5N, and all I can say is Robert is an artist! this little gizmo it simply awesome!

I am really impressed with the soundstage! holy smokes! its uber full, very spacious, with great instrumnet placement, and seperation!

rediscovering my music here!

this 5N is very engaging! my comute to work is perfect, listening to my 5N puts me in the right mood/frame of mind, and I really look forward to when I can put this setup back on my ears after work,

I do have the P board, and a T board on the way, haven't tried the P board yet, the N is just perfect for me atm,

I'm using my iPod Classics 7th gen, with a line out dock, and my ASG-2s! holy ****zus! what a sound this little baby has! it seems to be made for my ASGs! what a great synergy it has!

like I said Robert is an artist, and what he has put together in the 5G is oh so well worth any kind of waiting/slow e-mail reponses, and any other obsticles you might have/had to go thru,

I love the 4G ALOT! and now Roberts 5G is an unbelievable even more improvement over that? I don't know how he did it but he did! this thing to me is an even bigger sounding and improvement over his 4G? like I says I don't know how he pulled it off, but he did!

so a humungous Thanks to you Robert! keep up the great work! you are truly an artist!

Dec 31, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #3,153 of 4,123
                                                                     5TX                                        

Jan 6, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #3,154 of 4,123
                                                                       5TX                                        

I have got a colleague of mine, interested in an AMP/DAC supplement to his gear (Android phone, Weston 40)
5TX might be suitable for his preferences and budget.
Can you add more details about the 5TX especially the Bass & Treble boosts.

Me, I am waiting for my 5P to be shipped.

Thanks

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #3,155 of 4,123

I have got a colleague of mine, interested in an AMP/DAC supplement to his gear (Android phone, Weston 40)
5TX might be suitable for his preferences and budget.
Can you add more details about the 5TX especially the Bass & Treble boosts.

Me, am waiting for my 5P to be shipped.

Thanks

Actually i don't know too much about it ... just the website description :

"
The Arrow 5TX is the successor of the 5T. Two BUF634 buffers increase the AD8620's output current to 250mA per each channel. This will let the AD8620 operate with less distortion as it doesn't have to drive the headphones directly. Sound quality is is further improved by biasing the AD8620 into class A operation using cascaded JFETs. This will make the Arrow 5TX a true high-end amp with the same size and functionality of the 5T! "

but it looks very tempting already 
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #3,156 of 4,123
Got the 5P yesterday. Had a short while to try it with the LG G3 (android 5). The USB audio connection operates OK with the LG native drivers (no need for USB Audio Player, or such). It pairs beautifully with the Shure SE846.
Sound quality is excellent as well as the soundstage. I will try to compare the 5P amp against the RSA Shadow amplifier.
Bass boost is great, though, some may find maximum settings too overwhelming. I love bass, so for most of my music (Metal, Hard Rock) its just fine.

Thanks Robert for a great device

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #3,157 of 4,123
  Got the 5P yesterday. Had a short while to try them with the LG G3 (android 5). The USB audio connection operates OK with the LG native drivers (no need for USB Audio Player, or such). It pairs beautifully with the Shure SE846.
Sound quality is excellent as well as the soundstage. I will try to compare the 5P amp against the RSA Shadow amplifier.
Bass boost is great, though, some may find maximum settings too overwhelming. I love bass, so for most of my music (Metal, Hard Rock) its just fine.

popcorn.gif

Jan 8, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #3,158 of 4,123
  Got the 5P yesterday. Had a short while to try it with the LG G3 (android 5). The USB audio connection operates OK with the LG native drivers (no need for USB Audio Player, or such). It pairs beautifully with the Shure SE846.

With the 5P, the "punch board" can be removed, yes? Thinking about getting one of these and if the bass is too much, I'd like the option to remove the punch board ...

Jan 11, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #3,160 of 4,123
Brief impression - 5P amp vs. RSA Shadow:

Compared the 5P against RSA Shadow amplifier (amp only, input via audio interconnect silver cable, source LG G3, Shure SE846 IEM, streaming music only, did not try higher quality bit rate) -
- Great sound quality on both (some minor signature differences)
- RSA more warm (bass at minimum on 5P)
- RSA's bass has more attack (bass at minimum on 5P)
-  Similar sound stage
- Voices more forwarded on 5P
-  Bass more prominent on 5P (when set to level 2 and even 1, on 5P)
- Treble more prominent on 5P (when set to level 2 and even 1, on 5P)
- Ability to control bass boost's frequencies on 5P (low, mid, high)
- RSA Shadow is thicker but has smaller foot print than the 5P
- Some (minor) hiss on 5P at high gains. Goes away when music plays

Note: I am not an audiophile, this is not a scientific AB

Jan 11, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #3,161 of 4,123
Brief impression - 5P amp vs. RSA Shadow:

Compared the 5P against RSA Shadow amplifier (amp only, input via audio interconnect silver cable, source LG G3, Shure SE846 IEM, streaming music only, did not try higher quality bit rate) -
- Great sound quality on both (some minor signature differences)
- RSA more warm (bass at minimum on 5P)
- RSA's bass has more attack (bass at minimum on 5P)
-  Similar sound stage
- Voices more forwarded on 5P
-  Bass more prominent on 5P (when set to level 2 and even 1, on 5P)
- Treble more prominent on 5P (when set to level 2 and even 1, on 5P)
- Ability to control bass boost's frequencies on 5P (low, mid, high)
- RSA Shadow is thicker but has smaller foot print than the 5P
- Some (minor) hiss on 5P at high gains. Goes away when music plays

Note: I am not an audiophile, this is not a scientific AB

Very nice comparison it looks very logical and truthful,thanks

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #3,162 of 4,123
Is the 5N compatible with some IEMs that have super high sensitivity? I don't want any hiss, someone told Cayin C5 have super clean background, still audible hiss with my SE535ltd. 
frown.gif

Anyone? If it got no hiss with 846, it shouldn't be a problem with the 535.
Can the DAC section decode 24bit? 

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #3,164 of 4,123
Cannot comment about the 5N (I have the 5P).
With my (sensitive) Shure 846, the level of hiss is very low and only with very high volume settings. It goes away when music starts.

Anywhere close to dead silence on 846? I don't have enough friends to test out my gears and stuff, some of just can't even differentiate lossless and radio quality. But my ears are super sensitive to those noise, I can get a headache out of it if it's loud. You might think that's crazy, I can hear slight hiss out of my iPhone 5 ( AFAIK iPhone 5s and newer are much better in this, but I can really hear it, it's not there all the time but it's there). I don't want to spend close to 300 dollars getting an amp that hiss with my iem and I have to sell it again.

Feb 3, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #3,165 of 4,123
can someone compare the 5N with the 4G - is it a definite improvement ?

also, is there an option to trade your 4G amp for a 5N ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back