hello head-fi enthusiast, a question for everyone
Jul 22, 2023 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mczuzu

New Head-Fier
longtime lurker - first time poster

here's a question I've had for a long time, does pairing a chord mojo 2 or any similar DAC to a DAP produce an even better sound or is that just overkill?

For example a Fiio M17 + Mojo 2

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #2 of 5
I wouldn‘t know how a Fiio M17 and a Chord Mojo 2 compare to each other with regards to DAC and amp quality, but I don’t see the point in the pairing.

The Fiio M17 is a high quality, flagship all in one unit, and a lot of the cost has gone into decent DAC and amp stages. Even if you prefer the sound using the Mojo 2 as an external DAC and amp, all you’d be using the M17 for is a storage unit/transport. Which would be a waste of M17 in my opinion.

Jul 23, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #3 of 5
@Claypole Thank you for your input. If I'm understanding this correctly, pairing a M17 with a Chord Mojo 2 will take away the sound signature of the M17? I was thinking the pairing would enhance the sound signature of the M17 to better clarity, soundstage, detail retrieval, etc.

Anyone else attempted this pairing or another high end DAC with a high end AMP pairing and have any input?

Jul 24, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 5
@Claypole Thank you for your input. If I'm understanding this correctly, pairing a M17 with a Chord Mojo 2 will take away the sound signature of the M17? I was thinking the pairing would enhance the sound signature of the M17 to better clarity, soundstage, detail retrieval, etc.

Anyone else attempted this pairing or another high end DAC with a high end AMP pairing and have any input?
The M17 would only be outputting digital 1’s and 0’s, so yes, the Chord Mojo 2 would essentially be taking away the M17’s sound signature. Might as well use a cheap phone to plug the Mojo into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back