help and recommendations needed hooking this up
Apr 6, 2008 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

aa1037

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread ... but I wasn't sure where to post. Also, sorry for the long post - as you'll see I am definitely a noob
smily_headphones1.gif

I could really use some help (and alternate equipment recommendations) hooking this all up:

I would like to use a Marantz 2265 to switch sources between an iMOD with ALO dock and a Sony SCD-CE595. Because I don't have room and because of neighbors I am currently restricted to headphone use only. (Denon 2000 and Senn 580).

I already own all the equipment except for the Marantz and any recommendations would be welcome as to an alternative - but I've read good things about these receivers and the idea of trying a piece of vintage audio is very appealing. (Also, eventually, I'd like to be able to use the receiver to drive a 2.0 or 2.1 speaker system.)

So, can and how, would I hook this all up? And also, any recommendations as to an alternate "switching source"?

Thank you in advance,

Aaron

Apr 7, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #2 of 3
You can always use the $20 Radio Shack input selector. I used one before I had a preamp and it worked fine. I know RS doesn't have audiophile cred around here, but I didn't hear anything wrong with it.

The next best option is to build one. Alps makes some nice stereo selector switches, or you could grab one of the boutique ones from Michael Percy Audio. Buy a chassis box, wire and the RCA jacks of your choice and hook them up. It's easier than it sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back