Help choose IEM
Feb 7, 2012 at 5:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AeroEngr

New Head-Fier
I'm looking into buying some new IEM'S. I've searched all over the forums and I'm still having a tough time deciding which ones to choose.

I've been reading through this thread : http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-218-iems-compared-fischer-audio-paradigm-v-3-fa-977-jazz-added-1-29-12#post_6492055

All the different choices are very overwhelming and I've narrowed it  down to two. Although I'm open to other recommendations as long as you own or have used them.

Choices:
Radius HP-TWF21
WESTONE UM2

I will primarily use the earphones at school, so the less noise they seep out the better. I will use the earphones phone with my android phone and I plan on purchasing an amp as well. I've been looking at the e6 fiio. I really like it because of its size. Any other recommendations are appreciated. The types of music I listen are hip hop, trance, metal, alt-rock, and jazz (in no particular order). I'm kind of a bass head, so a good amount of bass is ideal.

I purchased some etymotic h5 about a week ago and I plan on returning them. The sound was very crisp and clear but the bass was very tight and almost non existent.

My price range is from $150-$250

Users who are viewing this thread

Back