HELP DECIDE! SHURE SRH440, ATH CKS99, DENON C400
Oct 11, 2013 at 6:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

preventme

New Head-Fier
hey guys!
right now the situation is that I owned and using the SHURE SRH440 with 840pads and I loved it but wanna try something new because of some cons.

cons #1 headphones need to be carried in a bag. therefore if im travelling without my bag I will not bring my headphone.
cons #2 sometimes I do wear my glasses. there will not be total isolation which affects the sound quality.

okay at the same time, i do have a pair of ATH-CKS99 (unopened) should I sell it away or use it to replace my shure srh440?

and currently what attracted me is denon c400. should I sell both above away to fund for this?

oh ya. i do have a pair of soundmagic iem thats why im hesitant to open the brand new ath cks99 as it will reduce the resale values.

WHAT sound im looking for:
spacious sound stage
separation of instruments
bass is a bonus. not a need.

I listen to classical symphony to classic rock to ballads to a little bit of mainstream pop.

Dec 12, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #2 of 3
I bought the Denon ah-c400s and couldn't be happier. If you listen to mu8sic at crazy volumes I'd avoid as the base distorts a little when on max volume, I listen to these at high volume, just not insane volumes and they're fine.
These were on sale on amazon.co.uk for 80 sterling and I knew before-hand about the base distortion.

My initial impressions of these, when I first put them in my ears was....where's the base? But I equalized a little bit of base into them and it was better. After about 1 week the base started to pick up and now its actually boomy..in a good way.

These have become my favorite set of iems, i don't listen to music on anything else now. The base is really rather good for BA phones. The mids aren't really what I'd call forward and the highs are beautifully crisp and clear.

I have no problem recommending these at 200+ sterling. At sub 100 sterling, I think these are brilliant.

Dec 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #3 of 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back