Help deciding which mid range headphones I should get. ALSO BRAND COMPARISON POLL
May 6, 2014 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Silentanarchy

New Head-Fier
I am looking at the AKG 550's right now but also the sennheiser hd 598's. I know they are very different but I heard the AKG 550's act a lot like open headphones which is what I want. My preferred listening style is a little on the warm end and I do like bass but not too much very tight and punchy and as detailed as possible, in the high end I want zero sibilance which I hope I will get for this price. What I really care about though is detail and sound stage which I know I might get more with the sennheiser but the AKG's might execute it better.please keep in mind that my price limit is $300 I may be able to spend a little more but I would like not to. I listen to rock, classic rock, metal, heavy metal, country old and new, classical, jazz, easy listening, and much much more.comfort is a must though I want to listen to music for eight or more hours with zero pain or little pain. Feel free to leave other recommendations. I have considered the hifiman he-400 the beyerdynamic dt990's and dt880's. Thanks for your help

May 7, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #2 of 3
Get a used HD600.

Otherwise K550 will do, I think.

Last resort: DT770Pro... Or that could end up being your favorite.  Try them all if possible.

May 7, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks, If I can I will go to a hifi audio store and see what i can try out but I think I will get the k550's because i feel the bass will be more to my liking but I have considered the HD 600's 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back