Help: Deep Inserting universal IEMs with Comply P-series compatibility with a Mic and replaceable cable?
Jan 31, 2016 at 6:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

halcyon

Headphoneus Supremus
My beloved Phonak Audea is getting harder and harder to find. Yes I still have a pair and I'm repairind my other paid.

Yet, I want something also in the future that :

- Fits Comply P-series foams (the longest, best isolating foams with narrow hole. Comply doesn't advertise Phonaks as compatible with P-seriers, but they fit fine, I've used them for years now. Compy advertises T-150, T-160, T-130 compabitiliby with Phonaks) : http://www.complyfoam.com/products/p-series/
- Are deep inserting (none of my blocky big Shures/Westone are deep inserting, Phonaks are, you can just shove them really deep, if needed)
- Have a proper inline microphone (Android / Samsung compatibility preferred), at least 1 button control
- Cable replaceable (with inline mic option again).

Phonaks offered all these, but are getting harder/more expensive to find and they keep breaking down in use (cable is not replaceable).

So, what I'm after is the most isolating, universal, complyfoam P-series fitting, deep-inserting IEMs with Android inline mic and replaceable cable.

Does it even exist?

Apparently Earsonics SM-2 and SM-3 fit P-series, look fairly deep inserting and have a replaceable cable. But no inline mic options!
FutureSonics has G-series, but no mic and cable is permanent.

I've searched far and wide and Westones, AKGs, Sennheiser, Sonys, etc.

Yes there is Shure (not so deep inserting) and you can buy the Shure CBL-M-K cable, but those keep breaking down rapidly and the cable ir 50EUR a pop.

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #2 of 3
Thought about getting the Phonaks reshelled into customs?   You might have to email a couple of company's to see if they will do phonaks but might be possible.  I think Fisher (inearz thread) did some.  Cosmic Ears in the eu do reshell but don't know if they do phonaks.

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks. I don't want customs.

I want the extreme isolation provided by the P-series complys. These are for everyday use, constantly taking out, putting in. Also, these are for hard use, I don't want to spend $$$$ and then get the crushed/stolen/broken.

Customs I would use in a situation where I can wear them for hours without constantly fiddling with them and don't have to worry about them being stolen or getting beaten up. That's just me.

I guess I could rephrase the question:

Does anybody know of an up-to-date list of 3rd party IEM replacement cables with in-line Android (Samsung pin-type) microphone?

I've looked at :

- Moon Audio Silver Dragon IEM v1 - no mic
- CustomArt IEM cable(s) - not sold separately (?)
- Toxic Cables - no Mic
- Null Audio Lune Series MKIII (Android Mic, yeah) : http://www.null-audio.com/products/lune-series-mkiii-premium-upgrade-cable-for-earphones

That's my list and it's very short :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back