HELP!!! DT990 pro 250ohm, DT990 pre 600ohm or DT880 250ohm which is the best choice
Aug 4, 2014 at 6:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

caohuynhnhan

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm a newbie. 
I very like beyerDynamic design, so I choose beyerDynamifc headphone. Anyone can give me recomendation "a best headphone for me". 

My favourite is Pop ballad (female-voices as BOA, Yao Si Ting, Davichi... i live in Asia), instrument (monochord, zither, guitar..), somethings I listen to Dance. I have a FiiO E17, you can recommend me get headphone for it or buy any DAC/amp.
I hope a recommendation for my choice.
Thanks everyone!!!

Aug 4, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #2 of 5
DT880 250-Ohm, a little bright, but a well balanced sound.

Aug 4, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #4 of 5
They're both amazing for the price, but they sound very different. The 880 is neutral, analytical, and detailed, with a hint of treble sparkle. It's more of a reference type sound. The 990 is more "fun" sounding, with a V-shaped signature and lots of bass punch and a bit more high end sparkle than the 880s. It also has a slightly larger soundstage (but only slightly). Mids are relatively neutral and detailed on both. Choose the former for accuracy or the latter for a more colored sound (if you prefer that).

Aug 4, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #5 of 5
They're both amazing for the price, but they sound very different. The 880 is neutral, analytical, and detailed, with a hint of treble sparkle. It's more of a reference type sound. The 990 is more "fun" sounding, with a V-shaped signature and lots of bass punch and a bit more high end sparkle than the 880s. It also has a slightly larger soundstage (but only slightly). Mids are relatively neutral and detailed on both. Choose the former for accuracy or the latter for a more colored sound (if you prefer that).

thanks @Vitriform I will try both, although distance from my house to store is very very far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back