HELP...LD1+ headphone socket issue
Nov 20, 2011 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

HeyWaj10

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Really odd circumstance here, and need some help. On hand I currently have the LD1+ connecting to 3 different pairs of headphones.  First set is Senn HD595 w/ standard cable, second is Denon AH-D2000 w/ standard cable, and the third is the newly purchased set from a headfi'er, custom modded Denon AH-D2000 with upgraded cable/plug. 

The issue is this: when I plug in my 595's or the stock D2000's, full stereo sound comes through no problem. When I plug in my modded D2000's, sound only comes through the left side.  I trouble shooted to see if it was the cabling on the headphones by plugging directly into my uDac2, perfectly fine. I plug them back into the LD1, then slightly push downward on the plug, and the stereo kicks in.

Is this a common balance issue with the headphone socket on LD amps? It literally takes a single finger's worth of downward pressure on the socket and they kick in, but as soon as I lift my finger off, it cuts right back out to just the left side...but doesn't do it with my other sets.  Is it a weight/balance issue with the upgraded plug?  I can't imagine it's even an ounce of difference in weight? Can I tighten the socket in the LD amp?

This didn't happen when I listened with them yesterday....all of a sudden today this happens.  Worried/annoyed/aggravated.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back