Help! Looking for a bit of guidance on Windows audio player/enhancement options.
Mar 29, 2017 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ajreynol

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, sorry for the noob post but I've been out of the loop regarding Windows audio for quite awhile and am hoping for some basic recommendations to help me get the most out of my setup.

I'm currently using a USB --> Nuforce DAC80 --> Schitt Lyr2 --> Denon D7000 / HD650 setup.

Music files are a mix of 320 CBR and FLAC. 

For software I've just been using VLC for the most part, but have been very unimpressed. I just installed Foobar + WASAPI and am pretty pleased with the improvement, but it got me thinking about what other upgrades may be out there that may make an even bigger difference than what I heard going from VLC to Foobar?

I came here but I feel completely lost with what seem to be dozens of threads about a dizzying array of applications for various purposes. Instead of being lost for another 30 minutes, I thought maybe asking this way would be more efficient.

1.) Outside of Foobar, are there any other FREE options for music players that might help me get the most out of my music? Being compatible with WASAPI is a pro.

2.) What PAID options under $100 might be good options? Are they superior to Foobar (audio playback)? If so, I definitely want to know about them.

3.) Are there any other software applications other than players that are recommended for enhancing the experience? 

I tried finding a guide or some such to answer this, but was unsuccessful. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

Mar 29, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm not the expert. but I doubt your going to find any programs that offer a noticeable improvement in music audio quality, over Foobar2000 (w/WASAPI).

But you can check out the website Majorgeeks, it's loaded with free programs.

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #3 of 3
Will do, tyvm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back