Help me Narrow my Choice!
May 2, 2011 at 7:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

natashaful

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Guys i'm new to the forums here and i need your help choosing some headphones, I've got some sound stage modded HD555's and i love them through my X-fi sound card because i can turn up the base alot, However when i use them with my HTC desire.. the base is totally gone... And i can't use them with a helmet on, So i'm looking at IEMS i would like a upgrade in sound from the HD555's and more Base, I think i narrowed it down to afew sets But i really don't know which one to buy since i don't know anyone who is into this stuff.

Sets i like followed by the price, Best bang for GBP is Key, But i do want very good sound now i'm used to the HD555's.

Shure SE215 = £99.99
Shure SE 315 = £139.99
Triple 10i Pro = £215.00

Anyways i can't seem to find good deals in the UK on most of thease IEMs, Hopfully someone from the UK can point me in the right direction.

I like Bass and Treble which i know is impossible to get but surpising since i modded my HD555's and i can turn the bass up etc on the computer the sound from the HD's is very good now.. But i want more.

Thanks in advance,

Nat x.

May 2, 2011 at 7:46 AM Post #2 of 14
Based by your criteria, I'd recommend something like the vsonic GR07.  To me, it sounds kind of like the 595 (pretty much the same as the 555) except with a bit more bass and sub-bass rumble.  A little bit more closed in, but it's an IEM and a fairly cheap one at that.

If you have trouble finding where to buy them, I think the only international seller right now is lendmeyurears.

I've also heard good things about the Shure 215, but they don't seem to have too many reviews here on head-fi.  Though 99 GBP is pretty ridiculous, it can be found for $99 in the united states/canada.

May 2, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #3 of 14
Ow i didn't mention the 555's Suck through the MP3 player due to  allmost no bass the only reason they are decent on the PC is because i can manually turn it up, I've been looking around afew sites.

The Triple fi 10's are looking pretty good to me as i want the best possible sound and they have triple Driver?, I would rather spend £215 and get something special then spend alittle bit of money and have to upgrade again to be happy... I do want a big upgrade over the 555's ? I see some westone for £270 UM3X models, Kinda get the impression the triple Fis are good priced in the uk because anything else with a triple driver is like.. £270 to £350+.

May 2, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #4 of 14
215 GBP is a bit much for the TF10 if you ask me, I've seen it on the FS part of the forum for less than $150.  Of course those ones are used, but it shouldn't make any difference as far as sound quality goes.

May 2, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #5 of 14
Ye but the UK is a Rip off and our tax has gone upto 20% now as well, Allmost all the headphones will be overpriced, Even if i import them they will prob get grabbed at customs so it's not worth the risk.

Se425's are £250 here also and thease are the cheapest i have found in the Uk.. :frowning2: 

May 2, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #6 of 14
Would customs actually confiscate them or just tax them?  I've had Canadian customs stop a package for a few days, only to charge taxes when they left.

Also, if they're labelled as a gift, will customs still confiscate it?  I think lendmeyurears labels all of their shipments as gifts, and I'm pretty sure you could ask the seller to if you buy one from the FS forum here.

May 2, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #7 of 14
dont be fooled into thinking more drivers will equal better sound, you sound like a dynamic driver sort of person and you certainly want something capable of big bass, the triple fi offer brilliant sound quality no doubt about it but it wont kick out a beat like some good quality dynamic IEM's.

some of the best would be the sennheiser IE8 (£170 amazon), shure se530 ( around £200 used however which isnt brilliant ), atrio M5 (£110 amazon). jvc fx700.

there are others but these would be the stand out bunch for me, the sennheiser IE8 and shure se530 i have had, still own the IE8 and although i think its brilliant if you are not really used to IEMs in general it probably wouldnt be a good starting point, the sound they deliver is brilliant tho and you obviously like the sennheiser sound. the shure se530 was fantastic and entertained me for years although it does not stand up too well now, due to the release of the se535 which offers a bit more for a much larger price, it has fantastic bass and mids but doesnt extend too far in the highs. the atrio M5 isnt as high quality sounding as the others by a long stretch but it prides itself on delivering some serious sub bass action and so it should. the fx700 i cant comment on but its big around here.

hope this helps.

May 2, 2011 at 8:30 AM Post #8 of 14
Yeah, totally forgot the IE8 - if you want good bass presence, those can hardly be beat.  Definitely among the best dynamics out there, though I can't confirm this since I've never tried them, but I'll trust the judgement of others. :p  They seem to be pretty easy to find for a reasonable price within the UK too, which is nice.

May 2, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #10 of 14
Thanks for the feed back guys i think i'm going to get some IE8's i have seen a pair for £169+5 for postage from a UK site, I know theres alot of fakes around of the IE8 around so i'm hopping mine won't be.

http://www.homecinematv.co.uk/ Seems like one of the cheapest places in the UK £169 for IE8. They come on thursday :) Yay 

Nat x.

May 3, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #11 of 14
I've ordered the IE8's but i keep reading people having problems with them not Fitting... they didn't dispatch yet....  im a post a pic of my ear below do you think they will fit ok ? or should i cancel and get something else ? thanks for the help again you are most helpful :)
nat x

May 4, 2011 at 8:17 AM Post #12 of 14
Honestly, can't tell just by looking at your outer ear. :p  I think you should just wait until it arrives and see if you like it.  If you don't, you'll just have to return it...but I'm sure that, as long as it's not fake, you'll probably like it.  Otherwise, if it doesn't fit, I'd recommend getting something like Comply tips for it - they'd most likely be more comfortable.  Your ears do look pretty average-sized to me though, so it shouldn't be a problem.

May 4, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #13 of 14

Quote:
Honestly, can't tell just by looking at your outer ear. :p  I think you should just wait until it arrives and see if you like it.  If you don't, you'll just have to return it...but I'm sure that, as long as it's not fake, you'll probably like it.  Otherwise, if it doesn't fit, I'd recommend getting something like Comply tips for it - they'd most likely be more comfortable.  Your ears do look pretty average-sized to me though, so it shouldn't be a problem.

x2 give em a go its all about the tips so dnt hesitate to try them all and try to get a seal, just take your time 9 times out of 10 some will fit you fine.

May 17, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #14 of 14

Quote:

Like what was said here, if the fit is an issue, our Comply Foam Tips may be the answer for you. Post an update about the fit when you get your earphones. If you're having trouble still you can get in touch with me and I'll help you out.

In case you want to jump the gun on ordering Comply Tips... the Sennheiser IE8s are compatible with our T-500, Ts-500 and Tx-500 tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back