Help me spot the sonic signature I am after. Beyer bass, Senn mids, non-harsh highs
Nov 11, 2014 at 11:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

marios_mar

Headphoneus Supremus
Deep (like DT770) and punchy lows with a decent soundstage (at least similar to HD600)

The HD580/600 seem to roll off at deep lows, but their midrange is not recessed to the degree the beyers are. 

I love the mids the Senn HD600 have. Actually if they had deeper bass like the Dt770s or go as low as stax lambdas, I could live with them.

I tried the HE500s and I didn't like them as much as the Senns. With the same amps I find them a bit harsh compared to the HD600s. So I am a sceptic about moving on to HD800s. I hear that their highs are harsh although I think their bass might go pretty low.

The T1s by Beyer I have never listened to either. Would they have some more pronounced  mids or would they be like the 770s in that regard? what about their bass?

Any other suggestions?

Nov 12, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 4
I happen to have both the T1 an the HD580 at the moment.

The bass on the T1 goes very deep and is very fast. In general the T1 is a very fast dynamic headphone over its whole range. The detail and imaging are impressing as well. The soundstage is larger than the HD580, but how much larger depends on the track. With some songs it's a significant difference. The highs are not harsh, but they are a more present than on the HD580. Extension on both ends is much better on the T1.
The T1 is relatively unforgiving compared to the HD580: if the recording is poor you will definitely hear it and it can be unpleasant. Good recordings are a delight to listen to though and I've read the HD800 is even more unforgiving. As for the midrange: it's not recessed at all. The HD580 is on the warmer side, but the T1 has the more neutral sound signature.

Whether the T1 is the right headphone for you or not depends (I think) on the quality of the recordings you listen to. If you have some bad recordings, they will sound harsh with the T1. The HD580 is definitely easier on that respect. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back