Help! My IHP120 freezes, even when reset
Dec 7, 2003 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

iano

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,

My IHP120 seems to freeze/hang during the 'Read File System' part of booting up, and since it does that automatically even when reset I cannot figure out how to get beyond this point. I have had the player for several weeks and it has run fine. It has the 1.20beta firmware, but that has also run fine for the last few weeks I have had it installed.

Any ideas how I could get this puppy restarted (without returning it to IRiver that is)?

For those of you who use the mIsticRiver message board, I did also post the same message there...and yes I have also emailed IRiver technical support.

Thanks in advance. iano

Dec 7, 2003 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 7
i think calling iRiver technical support is your best bet.
since you are running beta firmware, and it having problem getting over the booting process. im pretty sure it something in the firmware.

since this was a beta verson released by iRiver, im sure they will replace u with a new one if they have to

good luck

Dec 7, 2003 at 9:55 PM Post #3 of 7
many thanks for the quick reply...I'll resign myself to doing without the IHP120 for a while
frown.gif

Dec 8, 2003 at 1:10 AM Post #5 of 7
Dec 8, 2003 at 2:13 AM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for the suggestion, but the firmware was working fine, and anyway the problem is that I cannot actually boot up the unit so I could modify the firmware. I'm 99.99% certain I now know what the problem is and how it could be repaired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back