Help with closed headphone recommendation.
Jun 16, 2013 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bassboysam

1000+ Head-Fier
Currently all my headphones are Grados (80i, 225i, 325i). Plus i have some PS500s and semi-vintage RS1s on the way. I doubt i will keep all 5 and assuming i get rid of all the SR series i would be interested in getting a nice set of closed headphones. Looking to spend $300-$400 (used). I would like some reccommendations for something that will compliment the Grados. Strong bass and not too bright. Suggestions?

Jun 16, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #2 of 4
I use to own a pair of Denon D2000's which I absolutely loved.  Amazing sub-bass that I have yet to find anything that compares.  Some people find its highs to be harsh, but I personally didn't, plus if you're use to Grados then I doubt the treble spike on the D2000's would bother you.  Another pair of closed headphones that I tried and was really impressed by are the VModa M100s.  If there's a Windows store located near you, the one by me had the M100s out for demo, so you can try it out to see if it fits your liking.

Jun 16, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 4
From the top of this forum:

☞ STOP!  Don't start a new thread yet! "Help!", "Recommendations", "Looking for..." threads go in the new Help & Recommendations Forum not here.

:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back