Help with decision-making..
Apr 29, 2013 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Bahri

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm a newbie from the other side of the world - a European hailing from Malta, right in the centre of the Mediterranean Sea.

First of all, a very well done to everyone here.. I've been reading your contributions for hours, and it's amazing how you're ready to share your wealth of information!! - Keep it up!! 
biggrin.gif

Now, I would seriously appreciate some help on an issue that I've been trying to solve for days.

Basically I bought this new micro-system - Denon RCD-M39DAB.  I bought it mainly because it has DAB (recently launched in Malta), has 'equalizer' (-/+10 Treble and Bass), and because it fit my budget.

Since it's set up in the bedroom and I use it mainly during late evenings, I have to enjoy it with headphones. I have this Sony MDR-XD200 headphones bought only last year. I'm not sure I have broken them in yet, however I do think midrange/treble is slightly laid back (I go crazy for vocal trance) and hate having to press them to my head to feel bass properly.. as though they are not sealing properly.

I am not sure whether I need to improve the setup:

Do you think the impedance and sensitivity match the Denon or should I change headphones? Would a small headphone amp (like Fiio E6) do the trick instead?

Thanks a lot in advance..

Apr 30, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #4 of 4
Hello!

I do not quite know what you wanted by after reading your post, I think you wanted a more lively vocals and some bass. One of my favorite headphone that does all these is the Momentum! It tent do do the treble part nicely with good amount of bass to make you dance~ I would also second the HD598 but get ready to say "goodbye" to the bass.

Momentum need no an amp to shineeee XD

Billson :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back