Help with marshall monitor please?
Jan 7, 2014 at 3:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sk8erry

New Head-Fier
i just bought a marshall monitor and hooked it up to my m track plus with a 3.5 to 6.3 adaptor and it sounded strange, like a awfully tuned reverb
it was ok if connected directly to laptop, or connected to the speaker (the speaker is connected to the m track plus)
at first i thought the adapter was broken but it worked fine with shure srh840
is it because of the mic controller on the cable ? is there an adapter specially made for mic controller headphones or is there a replacement cable for marshall monitor?
sorry if my english is hard to read....i'm not a native speaker

Jan 7, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #2 of 7
  i just bought a marshall monitor and hooked it up to my m track plus with a 3.5 to 6.3 adaptor and it sounded strange, like a awfully tuned reverb
it was ok if connected directly to laptop, or connected to the speaker (the speaker is connected to the m track plus)
at first i thought the adapter was broken but it worked fine with shure srh840
is it because of the mic controller on the cable ? is there an adapter specially made for mic controller headphones or is there a replacement cable for marshall monitor?
sorry if my english is hard to read....i'm not a native speaker

Flip the cable around.  Plug in the side that goes into the source into the headphone and the side that goes into the headphones into the source.  If that doesn't fit, then you need a TRRS to TRS adapter 

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #4 of 7
  thank you for replying!
however i cant find any TRRS to TRS adapter either on amazon or ebay
where can i get one of those adapters?

Try flipping the cable around 180 first :wink:

I can't find too many online: http://www.scansound.com/index.php/audio-accessories/audio-adapters/3-5mm-4-pin-female-trrs-to-3-pin-male-3-5mm-trs-adapter.html

Guess they are quite rare :/

Jan 8, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #5 of 7
flipped it around, it worked
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #6 of 7
  flipped it around, it worked
smily_headphones1.gif

Good to hear, you can thank V-Moda for that trick, it was Val himself that suggested it for people using the M-100.  Since cables are generally wired the same, it tends to work for a lot of things :wink:  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back