Help with my iPad?
Oct 24, 2014 at 10:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ProbablyProdigy

New Head-Fier
So here's my situation. My iPad mini (iOS 8.0.2) will not turn on. If i turn it on it will show the Apple logo forever and will never complete its boot. I have tried to hard reset but it wont work. I can't restore it through iTunes. I've also held the home button while plugging it in to do the iTunes thing and that hasn't worked either. I need help. I feel like my iPad has gone completely defective out of nowhere. What would cause this? I have no warranty and Apple wants 200 bucks to send it in for replacement. I'm not paying 200.

Oct 24, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #2 of 4
Try Home + Power.
If that doesn't work..Do the same and release Power and keep holding Home.

My Mini went through the same **** for 8.0.2 but it never quit DFU, was looping, luckily I managed to go to Restore and then factory reset it.
If none of that works...YouTube is the place where you should be.

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #3 of 4
Ah thank you but i have already tried that. I gave it to one of my buddies that's Apple savvy and he was able to get it on but then discovered water damage. It wont charge and the screen has a water mark that you can see on every press. Now i just need to question the people of my household and find out what happened lol. Thanks!

Feb 19, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #4 of 4
better to sell the unit as is and replace it with the latest version.. but wait.. I realized this post is already almost 2 years old, so I hope by now you already have replaced it.. 
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back