Hi Everyone!
Nov 15, 2013 at 8:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Andy Andy

Head-Fier
Hello everyone! It's very good to be able to post a thread for the first time in Head-fi.org, considering i have been lingering this website for years seeking for general knowledge of audio reproduction :D.

English isn't my first language, so please excuse any errors, i'm trying my best here.

I really don't want to bother you guys with mundane questions that may or may not been asked few dozen times, but i have little to none knowledge of audio and such.

I had just purchased a SE535 to replace my SM3v2 which decided to take a dump. And I am currently using a Cowon X7 coupled with a PA2v2, although the sound it produces is quite good but i still feel that i haven't drawn the full capabilities of the SE535.

I am planning to get new set-up to boost my SE535 to its fullest. Do you guys have any good suggestions? Money is not a huge problem, if its really worth it i will try to get it. 

Do please recommend me the best possible combination to push SE535 to its fullest capabilities.

Thank you in advance, this website has always been a huge help every time i have questions about audio.

See ya!

Nov 18, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #2 of 6
Hey andy!

Sorry i havent heard the 535 in almost twp years so i cant really comment. But i would recommend you try posting in the recommendations section of the forums.

If not, feel free to search for the shure 535 appreciation threat and post some questions there. There will be plenty of guys willin to give you feedback! I can send you a link if you cant find any!

Nov 18, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 6
Hey andy!

Sorry i havent heard the 535 in almost twp years so i cant really comment. But i would recommend you try posting in the recommendations section of the forums.

If not, feel free to search for the shure 535 appreciation threat and post some questions there. There will be plenty of guys willin to give you feedback! I can send you a link if you cant find any!

Thanks for the suggestions Cotnijoe! 

what is your price range?

I would say around 1000-1500 USD.. Of course if i didn't have to spend more than what i will get will be better. Thankss. After lurking the forum for some time, i came across some threads that said DX-50 + Alo Internatioanal + SE535 is a good match. Is this true?

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #5 of 6

Thanks for the suggestions Cotnijoe! 

I would say around 1000-1500 USD.. Of course if i didn't have to spend more than what i will get will be better. Thankss. After lurking the forum for some time, i came across some threads that said DX-50 + Alo Internatioanal + SE535 is a good match. Is this true?

well with that budget LOL.......if i was you i would get a good external amp and good external dac...maybe like the CLAS -db or -r and the ALO mk2 B+  those work best with ipod or other devices  but with that budget you could crerate a VERY VERY good rig.

i personally like the RSA SR71B or rsa INTRUDER

Nov 19, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #6 of 6
  well with that budget LOL.......if i was you i would get a good external amp and good external dac...maybe like the CLAS -db or -r and the ALO mk2 B+  those work best with ipod or other devices  but with that budget you could crerate a VERY VERY good rig.

i personally like the RSA SR71B or rsa INTRUDER

Yess, that is what i had planned in my mind. I would like to have a decent External DAC and AMP that is on separate box.

I have some rig on my minds ;

1. iPod Classic 6/7th gen + Algorhythm Solo -db + Alo International/SR-71B + Shure SE 535ltd
2. Hifiman 901 + Alo International/SR-71B + Shure SE 535ltd

Which ones will be better in terms of overall SQ? Preferences and biases aside

Users who are viewing this thread

Back