Hiby FC3 Portable DAC&AMP, MQA Compatible
Apr 30, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #76 of 220
The FC3 arrived.
VERY disappointed.
comparing to the Periodic Audio Rhodium its absolutely ridiculous. the FC3 gives almost no audible change compares to my OMEN laptop's onboard soundcard, while the Rhodium made such a huge impact in every aspect, and its even 19$ cheaper.... I don't know if the FC3 is horrible or the Rhodium is just absolutely amazing.

Paired with Audeze LCD-GX.
This is interesting. For me it sounds leagues ahead of any other dongle and on par with my Topping DX7s.

Edit: just checked measurements. The FC3 measures leagues ahead of Rhodium

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #77 of 220
This is interesting. For me it sounds leagues ahead of any other dongle and on par with my Topping DX7s.

Edit: just checked measurements. The FC3 measures leagues ahead of Rhodium
Leagues ahead of rhodium? Hmm.. People might want to ask you why..

May 1, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #78 of 220
Hey guys.. I have a question.. Is hiby fc3 strong enough to drive the hifiman sundaras?

May 1, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #79 of 220
Leagues ahead of rhodium? Hmm.. People might want to ask you why..
Read my review. There's also someone publishing measurements in accord with this soon

May 4, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #80 of 220
Just to be sure, is this device capable of playing MQA at 384 khz on Android using UAPP?

If I understand correctly, the 2x software unfold included in UAPP means no higher sample rate than 96 khz, while the 4x unfold offered by this Hiby FC3 dongle DAC means up to 192 khz with Tidal Android app and up to 384 khz using UAPP.

Is this correct ?

May 6, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #82 of 220
Just to be sure, is this device capable of playing MQA at 384 khz on Android using UAPP?

If I understand correctly, the 2x software unfold included in UAPP means no higher sample rate than 96 khz, while the 4x unfold offered by this Hiby FC3 dongle DAC means up to 192 khz with Tidal Android app and up to 384 khz using UAPP.

Is this correct ?
Tidal Android App does not support MQA, everything else is correct.

May 10, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #83 of 220
I went to audition Hiby FC3 is actually it sounded nice and analytical but comparing the Ibasso DC04, they have a similar sound signature, neutral sounding, however, the Ibasso DC04 have more dynamic range and a little bit more detail, but only con is the lack of MQA.
I come to know of a new device called: Questyle M12 same DAC in Hiby FC3 and MQA Capable and it sounded stellar than both Ibasso DC04 and Hiby FC3.

May 10, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #84 of 220
One of the specifications of MQA is that it supposedly sounds the same regardless of the DAC being used.
I don't plan to buy multiple MQA DACs to find out if this is true though.
This Hiby FC3 should be sufficient for all my MQA unfold needs

May 10, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #85 of 220
One of the specifications of MQA is that it supposedly sounds the same regardless of the DAC being used.
I don't plan to buy multiple MQA DACs to find out if this is true though.
This Hiby FC3 should be sufficient for all my MQA unfold needs
true MQA sounded same regardless of the DAC, but how the DAC/Amp be implemented is important, you will be surprise how it changes the sound.

May 18, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #87 of 220
I come to know of a new device called: Questyle M12 same DAC in Hiby FC3 and MQA Capable and it sounded stellar than both Ibasso DC04 and Hiby FC3.
According to this page, the Questyle M22 has just 27mW per channel at 32 ohms. That's one-third the power of the HIBY FC3.

May 18, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #88 of 220
May 18, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #89 of 220
The Hiby FC3 can drive my Hifiman Sundaras decently.. Although it's not enough to drive it to be loud.. Remember that the hifiman sundaras need an actual amp/dac set in order to reach it's full potential.

May 21, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #90 of 220
The top-of-the-line Sabre 9281pro DAC can be found in only five DAC+amps: Audirect Beam 2S, Earmen Sparrow, Hiby FC3, THX Onyx, and Zorloo Ztella. Of the five, only the Audirect and Hiby provide physical volume controls. And of those two, only the Hiby lets you use your unbalalanced headphones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back