HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jan 8, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #856 of 6,628
Just tested U12 w/Ref8 (2.5mm terminated) and M15 module directly with R6. Comparing it to Plenue 2, my current neutral reference source, R6/U12/M15/Ref8 pair up scales up in clarity and resolution, and I mean significantly. I have it connected directly, and this is a perfect example confirming what 64 Audio said about U12 being originally tuned for higher impedance sources (performing stage musicians with wireless packs). To improve the clarify with my other sources, mostly upper mids/lower treble, I had to use impedance adapter with U12, and I still wasn't able to get to the same level of clarity as I have here directly from R6. Again, take it on case-by-case basis, this is not a general assumption about every IEM pair up with R6, but a specific example of U12 w/R6.

So, the clarity went up, but bass slam is a bit lower in quantity. I was always using U12 with M15 module, just for the purpose of lowering the bass impact in my original setup (M15 has less isolation, and less bass). Now, I just switched to M20 module, and the bass slam is back in your face, with the same clarity and resolution, just a little less airiness.

Yayyy, I guest that I made the right choice after all. Thanks @twister6 for your review.

Update backers on the Indiegogo already reach 150k.. so tempered glass and free case unlock guysss... yipieeee

Jan 8, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #858 of 6,628
@Zachi SS is more resistant to scratches, feels more solid in the hand, more attractive for the eye IMO, weightier, more expensive
Alu is lighter, not so resistant to dents or scratches.
For durability without case, take SS. But dont drop the device on its screen or it will brake because of the weight.
No perfect solution.You'll have to decide what matters most to you.
I took SS in the Hidizs AP200 campaign and I'm really impressed by the result. I took the SS here too.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #860 of 6,628
@Zachi SS is more resistant to scratches, feels more solid in the hand, more attractive for the eye IMO, weightier, more expensive
Alu is lighter, not so resistant to dents or scratches.
For durability without case, take SS. But dont drop the device on its screen or it will brake because of the weight.
No perfect solution.You'll have to decide what matters most to you.
I took SS in the Hidizs AP200 campaign and I'm really impressed by the result. I took the SS here too.
Did you have to say that, after I was already going to pull the trigger on the black aluminum?! :angry:
Joking aside, thanks! I did not realize at first that the back is made of glass for both SS and Alu, so the leather case (assuming @Joe Bloggs confirms that it fully covers the back) is more attractive to me now. If that is the case, and if Joe adds more cases to the IGG (they're sold out now) - I will order the black with the leather case. Not bad for just under $500... :wink:

Jan 9, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #863 of 6,628
I just had to do it. This better take the cake. I want universal eq that affects Tidal and Apple Music streaming. Magic 8 ball would be nice.
Exactly! Also in for the black version + leather case.

Jan 9, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #864 of 6,628
How hot does the R6 get? And I don't mean sexiness (we all know that) but as in temperature.

Then it's actually one of the cooler DAPs out there :sunglasses: Usually doesn't get more than lukewarm in hand in my experience. The long standby and in use battery lives corroborate this.

Yayyy, I guest that I made the right choice after all. Thanks @twister6 for your review.

Update backers on the Indiegogo already reach 150k.. so tempered glass and free case unlock guysss... yipieeee
Yep :)

One last question I have. What about importation tax? Living in the UK will I have to pay 20% tax on top of the Indiegogo price.
There are things we can do... about the customs declaration... that I can't really write much about on the record :sweat_smile:

Did you have to say that, after I was already going to pull the trigger on the black aluminum?! :angry:
Joking aside, thanks! I did not realize at first that the back is made of glass for both SS and Alu, so the leather case (assuming @Joe Bloggs confirms that it fully covers the back) is more attractive to me now. If that is the case, and if Joe adds more cases to the IGG (they're sold out now) - I will order the black with the leather case. Not bad for just under $500... :wink:
Yes, the leather case covers all but the screen and the top connectors side.

I just had to do it. This better take the cake. I want universal eq that affects Tidal and Apple Music streaming. Magic 8 ball would be nice.

I want it too :ksc75smile: Not coming with the units in March but hopefully in an update

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 9, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #865 of 6,628
Then it's actually one of the cooler DAPs out there :sunglasses: Usually doesn't get more than lukewarm in hand in my experience. The long standby and in use battery lives corroborate this.

Yep, noticed a relay click right after stopping the playback, and resume is very fast too.

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #867 of 6,628

I want it too :ksc75smile: Not coming with the units in March but hopefully in an update
@Joe Bloggs - I thought the Mage-8 is going to be shipped with the units in March! Are you saying it is going to be a future update? or are you referring to some universal EQ that will come later on?

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #868 of 6,628
How do I process an order for the BLACK stainless? I don't see the option on indiegogo menu
Black is Aluminum only. Stainless steel is natural stainless steel color...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back