Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Jan 15, 2024 at 7:51 AM Post #1,292 of 1,979
anyone else having trouble updating the hiby music player app? says i have an update but pressing update now does nothing.
Im having the same problem.

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #1,293 of 1,979
Jan 15, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #1,294 of 1,979
It says error downloading files
That’s what mine is saying. I also have an R6III, and that’s showing the same message.

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #1,295 of 1,979
That’s what mine is saying. I also have an R6III, and that’s showing the same message.
I've tried many times and then it finally worked.

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #1,296 of 1,979
Jan 15, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #1,298 of 1,979
Try setting On in the player settings in the HibyMusic application and changing the system settings.
I was just about to post that the player advised me to do that, and it worked. Thanks!

Jan 20, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #1,299 of 1,979
Got a smokey one from aliexpress and do not like it, firstly it makes the player look tatty and cheap and the buttons are a nightmare to locate especially the pause and next, have to poke the finger in between the plastic gap to locate the buttons.
Have modded the original by removing the extra material from the inside, works better for me.

Jan 24, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #1,300 of 1,979
Ordered a clear case, do indeed remove the accident button presses.

1000023138.jpg

1000023139.jpg

1000023136.jpg

Jan 25, 2024 at 7:31 AM Post #1,302 of 1,979
I donno why hiby does this tried both the R8 II and RS8 today and nither is a direct upgrade to the R6 pro II or the DX314. Nither cut as deep into the mix and has that distinct bass boosted signature that Ive known hiby for. Is the R6 pro II just a outliter because they were expreimenting with a new dac chip?

Jan 25, 2024 at 7:45 AM Post #1,303 of 1,979
I donno why hiby does this tried both the R8 II and RS8 today and nither is a direct upgrade to the R6 pro II or the DX314. Nither cut as deep into the mix and has that distinct bass boosted signature that Ive known hiby for. Is the R6 pro II just a outliter because they were expreimenting with a new dac chip?

I find the low end to have better dynamic range with more punch on R8 II compared to R6 Pro II. Overall the sound is warmer and less bright, small differences ofc. But enough so that after listening for a hour on R8 II and swapping, the sound of R6P2 to be more clinical and soulless.
What suprised me the most is how it handles harder to drive stuff better, R6 Pro II can often have the volume but falls apart in sound quality sounding very thin and shouty.

But I'm still early in testing, played only two evenings with R8 II.

Jan 25, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #1,304 of 1,979
I find the low end to have better dynamic range with more punch on R8 II compared to R6 Pro II. Overall the sound is warmer and less bright, small differences ofc. But enough so that after listening for a hour on R8 II and swapping, the sound of R6P2 to be more clinical and soulless.
What suprised me the most is how it handles harder to drive stuff better, R6 Pro II can often have the volume but falls apart in sound quality sounding very thin and shouty.

But I'm still early in testing, played only two evenings with R8 II.
Yep seems about right. That "clinical and souless" sound is what makes the music shine the brightest to my ears and lets me get lost in the music. Sadly the R8 II is just lacking that precision even with the boosted bass in the bass area and doesnt let me hear the texture in all its glory. I donno why but there is this annoyance when parts of the music are covered up by the hardware.

Also I competely agree with the driving harder stuff better. Was trying the Empy 2 and esp with the copper cable the R6P2 couldnt push it but the R8II had no issues.

Interesting to see opposing preferences yet describe the signature of both in similar ways. Have fun and enjoy the music.

Jan 25, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #1,305 of 1,979
Yep seems about right. That "clinical and souless" sound is what makes the music shine the brightest to my ears and lets me get lost in the music. Sadly the R8 II is just lacking that precision even with the boosted bass in the bass area and doesnt let me hear the texture in all its glory. I donno why but there is this annoyance when parts of the music are covered up by the hardware.

Also I competely agree with the driving harder stuff better. Was trying the Empy 2 and esp with the copper cable the R6P2 couldnt push it but the R8II had no issues.

Interesting to see opposing preferences yet describe the signature of both in similar ways. Have fun and enjoy the music.
Meant as no offence in my reply 👍

If I don't think about the buttons and battery life, the treble been my biggest con on R6P2. Coming from using the Cayin N7 and Topping E70/A90 Discrete the treble always seemed a little forced and artificial, also admit I'm a big fan of warmer signatures.
But It's not about the treble amount, but rather the tonality on R6P2. The N7 has more hot treble than R6P2 but sound nicer at same time. Think it goes back to that I maybe don't like AKM as much anymore 🤔 tried 3 DACs for desktop and ended up with a ess based one instead of AKM as it sounded better to me.

Always very personal this hobby, nothing wrong with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back