HiBy RS2: dual card slots, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 8x--news and impressions thread
Nov 2, 2023 at 7:12 AM Post #1,186 of 1,300
Headquarters has raised two possible points:

1. Slow card? Wav is certainly less CPU intensive, but requires higher throughput from the SD card.
2. Is this definitely a regular PCM wav and not a DTS file?
Hi Joe,
1. I really dont know exactly about micro sd card speed, I use Samsung Evo class 10 like these link:
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-256GB-microSDXC-Adapter-MB-MC256GA/dp/B06XFS5657
2. My wav file is normal PCM stereo 2 channels, not surround dts

Thanks all you guys in Hiby Music for your support :)

Nov 2, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #1,187 of 1,300
Headquarters has raised two possible points:

1. Slow card? Wav is certainly less CPU intensive, but requires higher throughput from the SD card.
2. Is this definitely a regular PCM wav and not a DTS file?
Wav file 32(floating)/192kHz should have a bitrate in the range of 10-15 megabits, this is not very much for the card, but the total file size will be large enough, probably the player cannot load the file into its buffer entirely and this causes problems.

Nov 2, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #1,188 of 1,300
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 2, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #1,189 of 1,300
Nov 2, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #1,190 of 1,300
@Joe Bloggs @e2e4 : thank you guys for supporting me and sorry for late reply.
Now in my country is evening and I'm still working at my contrucstion field so I didnt check phone messeges constantly

I just share link with Joe & hope we can find out what happen.
@Joe Bloggs about sdcard speed issue ---> I will swarp to another card and let's see how's going
@e2e4 I'm not audio/electronic engineer and these days I'm so freakin busy then dont have time to research deeply. But OMG your post has just enlightened me for sure!
---> last night after finishing my work I turned on my device and found out gapless playback & crosssfade still off :)) since bought RS2 I have not touch that until now. Just plug n play :v

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #1,191 of 1,300
Wav file 32(floating)/192kHz should have a bitrate in the range of 10-15 megabits, this is not very much for the card, but the total file size will be large enough, probably the player cannot load the file into its buffer entirely and this causes problems.
Thank you man! You absolutely made a strong point here (and I never even thought about that untill I saw your post)
I just checked arcording to your suggestion ---> play some dsf file with slightly larger size (not so much larger!) than these wav 32/192 ---> RS2 plays absolutely beautifull without lagging prob

Anw, I just curious what exactly cause my prob (hardware or firmware?). And that didnt affect my listenning experience because my lib's all 16/44.1 & 24/96 files, with some albums PCM 192khz & SACD (dsd64).
In my opinion flac 24/96 is the best for portable device and portable listenning experience. It's perfect balance between quality and storage capacity. And after spending decades crazy with technically listenning now I think the best music is whatever I like, dont care lossless or lossy.
Less is more. Simple is best. Like Stairway to Heaven of LedZepp: "...When all are one and one is all..."

---> so that my question is purely curiosity and still loving my little green beast RS2 :D and thank God, Joe and Hiby Team has perfect support, really appreciate!

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #1,192 of 1,300
@Joe Bloggs is there an ETA on the firmware with the new filters? :)

Nov 12, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #1,193 of 1,300
Nov 12, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #1,194 of 1,300
I was wondering that - not sure I understood correctly or not.
So the article
https://store.hiby.com/pages/proof-of-evolution-darwin-filters-v2?sscid=81k7_fik7v&
was an announcement of things to come ?
I thought maybe I was misunderstanding and that it was already baked in to the wee beasty
Heh, Hiby pointed me to that info and I just found a thread by Joe here on the forums which looks similar but I have to read it thoroughly

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pro...n-filters-v2-for-hiby-rs6-rs8-rs2-fc6.969083/

It seemed to me that the RS2 has the V1 filters and the evolution discussion is about V2. I guess higher models might have it already, but it seems sure that the RS2 firmware until now has not been updated to the V2 filters yet.

Nov 13, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #1,195 of 1,300
Still trying to confirm this - can anyone verify that the RS2 with the latest firmware can handle 50,000 songs now? I really do not want another android based DAP but most of the smaller non-android based ones are song-limited. Some of the lower Shanling and Hiby models for example can only do 20,000 songs, which is a deal-breaker for me. Thx!

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #1,197 of 1,300
Still trying to confirm this - can anyone verify that the RS2 with the latest firmware can handle 50,000 songs now? I really do not want another android based DAP but most of the smaller non-android based ones are song-limited. Some of the lower Shanling and Hiby models for example can only do 20,000 songs, which is a deal-breaker for me. Thx!
Just to confirm, you mean tagged and indexed? As far as I know there is no limit on number of albums or songs that are not indexed.

I organize all my music in directories / folders by artist and then album. Feels like deja vu and maybe I asked you this already, if so, sorry :D

Nov 13, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #1,198 of 1,300
Just to confirm, you mean tagged and indexed? As far as I know there is no limit on number of albums or songs that are not indexed.

I organize all my music in directories / folders by artist and then album. Feels like deja vu and maybe I asked you this already, if so, sorry :D
Thx. Yep, I have about 45k songs at this point (all properly tagged) and I know that some players apparently have a hard limit. For example a few models are 20,000 song limit, so presumably at 20,001 that last song never even gets read? Not sure how it works on the RS2. I love the overall specs and look of the unit, but if it can't handle my library then it's a no go :frowning2:

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #1,199 of 1,300
I'm sorry, I have no idea about that.

Nov 13, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #1,200 of 1,300
So you need space for half an year listening, 24/7, no song repeat!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back