HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Aug 20, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #3,016 of 3,181
One solution is for us to upgrade all our DAPs to 11 and up, but as some of you know, our ability to do update the Android version is pretty much tied to the SoC used and the SDK provided. 😅
Is the rs6 getting it ? While not all The RS6 would work pretty well with an android update. The SOC supports it. 😁

Aug 24, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #3,017 of 3,181
Hi Joe, I just found there is a new plugin in system wide audio setting called DRX10k Dynamics. What is the different of it from the Dynamics in the plugin of the Hiby Music App? I have auditioned the two and found the DRX10k Dynamics sounds much better. The Dynamics exhibits distortions in the highs and sibilance which DRX10k's is much smoother and free of distorted sibilance.

Aug 24, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #3,018 of 3,181
Hi Joe, I just found there is a new plugin in system wide audio setting called DRX10k Dynamics. What is the different of it from the Dynamics in the plugin of the Hiby Music App? I have auditioned the two and found the DRX10k Dynamics sounds much better. The Dynamics exhibits distortions in the highs and sibilance which DRX10k's is much smoother and free of distorted sibilance.
The DRX10K is simply the final branded, systemwide version of Dynamics. As it is the final version and systemwide, it has its advantages, yes :)

That said, were they used in the same settings (bass, mids, highs and gain) and you toggling between them and turning one on and the other off to compare?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 25, 2023 at 7:11 AM Post #3,019 of 3,181
The DRX10K is simply the final branded, systemwide version of Dynamics. As it is the final version and systemwide, it has its advantages, yes :)

That said, were they used in the same settings (bass, mids, highs and gain) and you toggling between them and turning one on and the other off to compare?
Yes. I used exactly the same settings of levels at the bass, mid, high as well as the gain. And yes, I compared them with on and off alternately .

Aug 26, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #3,020 of 3,181
Quick question to the round if I may.. Just recieved my first ever pair of IEMs (MEST MkII)

What should I expect the IEM presets on the RS6 to behave like exactly? For instance after setting the IEM preset and moving away from the settings page, every time I revisit that page the preset shows off again. Same goes for selecting NOS/oversampling. Whenever I touch that setting, the IEM preset deactivates again.

And vice versa. Selecting an IEM preset deactivates NOS, Atmosphere enhanced etc... Is that normal behavior?

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #3,021 of 3,181
Quick question to the round if I may.. Just recieved my first ever pair of IEMs (MEST MkII)

What should I expect the IEM presets on the RS6 to behave like exactly? For instance after setting the IEM preset and moving away from the settings page, every time I revisit that page the preset shows off again. Same goes for selecting NOS/oversampling. Whenever I touch that setting, the IEM preset deactivates again.

And vice versa. Selecting an IEM preset deactivates NOS, Atmosphere enhanced etc... Is that normal behavior?
I don't know if it is normal but it's the same case with me too. If you change the settings and close that window, that setting will be active. But when you open the window again, it goes to default.

It shouldn't behave like that but it is what it is.

Aug 26, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #3,022 of 3,181
Continuing on my own post here...

RS6-block_diagram.png

I just found the explanation from @twister6 here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hiby-rs6-android-dap-snapdragon-660-4-64gb-5”-full-hd-darwin-r2r-fir-nos-mqa-16x-copper-chassis.958878/post-16682719 which makes things a bit more clear.

I have one remaining question though.. Is it normal behavior that every time that I come back to the Darwin settings, the IEM preset seems disabled, slider is off @Joe Bloggs ?

(Not been able tot ry this on the RS8 yet, due to it being out on loan to a friend)

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #3,023 of 3,181
Hi all, new RS6 owner here. Sorry if this question was already asked and answered.

Is there a way for me to control the RS6/music playback using a smartphone via an app or some other functionality?

My desire is to keep the RS6 in my pocket and control the music using my phone.

Aug 31, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #3,024 of 3,181
Hi all, new RS6 owner here. Sorry if this question was already asked and answered.

Is there a way for me to control the RS6/music playback using a smartphone via an app or some other functionality?

I haven't tried it with my RS6, but I'd expect that HiBy-Link (which works on several of my Shanling DAPs) would work on HiBy branded DAPs.

EDIT: Note that you can't use the BT for both HiBy-Link, and for sending music to BT headphones at the same time.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #3,025 of 3,181
I haven't tried it with my RS6, but I'd expect that HiBy-Link (which works on several of my Shanling DAPs) would work on HiBy branded DAPs.

EDIT: Note that you can't use the BT for both HiBy-Link, and for sending music to BT headphones at the same time.
Thank you. I'll be using wired IEMs with the RS6 so that shouldn't pose an issue.

Is HiBy-Link an app on the RS6 or something I need to download on my smartphone?

Aug 31, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #3,026 of 3,181
Thank you. I'll be using wired IEMs with the RS6 so that shouldn't pose an issue.

Is HiBy-Link an app on the RS6 or something I need to download on my smartphone?

It's part of the HiBy Music app for the smartphone.
HiBy Music is a native app on the RS6.

I just pulled out my RS6, and am controlling it with my LG-V35 smartphone.

On the phone, you turn on BT, and in the app - select "Controller".
On the RS6, you turn on BT, and in the app - select "Server".
On my LG-V35, I see the album art, and can control the volume of the RS6.

Aug 31, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #3,027 of 3,181
It's part of the HiBy Music app for the smartphone.
HiBy Music is a native app on the RS6.

I just pulled out my RS6, and am controlling it with my LG-V35 smartphone.

On the phone, you turn on BT, and in the app - select "Controller".
On the RS6, you turn on BT, and in the app - select "Server".
On my LG-V35, I see the album art, and can control the volume of the RS6.
Thanks for your help!

Sep 3, 2023 at 10:11 PM Post #3,029 of 3,181

:beyersmile:Hello, I'd like to ask if the Hiby RS6 can be paired with the Elysian Annihilator. I've read some reviews, and they all say that the Elysian Annihilator is a rather hard-to-drive IEM.

Sep 3, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #3,030 of 3,181
:beyersmile:Hello, I'd like to ask if the Hiby RS6 can be paired with the Elysian Annihilator. I've read some reviews, and they all say that the Elysian Annihilator is a rather hard-to-drive IEM.
@22 ohms 94db it requires a little more power than other IEMs but RS6 in balanced can do 690mv @32 ohms is enough to drive it to the full potential IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back