Hifi Re-400 vs Shure SE215 vs VSonic GR06 for gym environment.
Dec 18, 2013 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

thedocdetroit

New Head-Fier
I have a budget of $200. I'm looking to buy a good pair of IEMs for the gym. I wanted to find a durable pair that could motivate me to lift harder. Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance.

Dec 19, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #3 of 10
Dec 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #5 of 10
That's in Singapore dollars. Go to the top of the site and change the currency to USD. It should change to $130.40

Here's a SE215 Vs GR07 review from a forumer who has both:

From: http://www.head-fi.org/t/630585/vsonic-gr07-bass-edition-impressions/1815#post_10052250
  1. metabaron

I have both and the Shure don't even come close. The SE 215 are good for what they are, fun headphones for people that want a warm, not critical listening. They are outclassed by the V Sonics on pretty much everything, is not even a contest. In fact, they are not the best in their price bracket, and in fact even headphones that are cheaper, like the Dunu's Landmine, are better. Of course, personal preference plays a huge part in our selection, and you might prefer the Shure's sound signature. So they are not better but you might end up enjoying them more.

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #7 of 10
You have to change the currency to USD at the top. Unless you are from Singapore and will be paying in SGD.

That said, If you are looking at wearing these for gym sessions to push yourself, I can safely assume that there will be plenty of perspiration? Personally, I don't think you should spend so much for something that will be taking quite a fair amount of abuse. 

My personal suggestion? This thread should help you. But if you don't want to read it, the Vsonic VSD1s comes to mind, the steelseries flux in ear are worth considering if you want a mic. Both can be worn over ear so you won't get them flapping around as you run on threadmill. Plus if you thread them behind your head, even weight lifting will be easier since there is no wires in front of you to obstruct your actions.

If you want something that you can buy in bulk and throw into all your bags so that you will never be alone without music, the the Philips SHE3580/3590. You can get at least 7 of these for the price of one GR07BE. 

-----
* My suggestions are for the consideration of gym use though. So do take that into consideration..

Dec 20, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #9 of 10
I wouldn't want to take my GR07 to the gym, not because they are not durable. They are very durable but because its costly. I would also suggest a cheaper IEM like the VSD1. Anyway there are many GR07 users here who take them to the gym. Just check the GR07 impressions thread (they talk about gym use there). LMUE is a very reputable site. I've ordered from them before.

Dec 21, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #10 of 10
200$ is a good price range,

but any IEM above 100$ would be too precious to use in gym. I have my GR07 MKII but love them too much to take them to a gym.

for gym buy only over the ear type IEM like :

Vsonic VSD1 within 50$ : sounds in the tracks of GR07. Vsonic claims it sounds 80% that of GR07.

Vsonic GR06 l little above 50$, sound signature will be [warm/sweet] with rich bass. similar to Shure SE-215

soundmagic E30 : 40$ [balanced/neutral]
I have owned them for over 1 year. with very rough and tough use. in gym, bus, railways etc. excellent IEMs. durable, good for gym , light in weight, comfortable

lendmeurears are official dealers of vsonic IEM based in singapore. Good seller, good products/price purchased from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back