Hifiman Ananda Stealth Magnet Version
Aug 27, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #78 of 271
I have yet to hear the Stealth Magnet version, but would like to a/b SM vs. OG at some point.
The OG with Dekoni Elite Fenestrated sheepskin seems to thicken, further liquify and somewhat warm the midrange for my ears.

Aug 28, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #80 of 271
I cannot understand for the life of me why there aren't more reviews of this set.
There will be at least one written up soon, but here's some info in the meantime:

IMG_2014.jpg
IMG_1997.jpg
IMG_2016.jpg

graph (1).png

Sep 1, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #82 of 271
Ananda Stealth are a significantly better headphone than the three you listed prior.

I've owned all 3.

Is Ananda stealth an engaging headphone ? What I like about Sundara is how music is presented in a lively way but still being quiite balanced (less neutral however than HE6se, Sundara a bit harsh by comparison)

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #86 of 271
Deo volente, the SM with be arriving sometime next week(!).
Am planning--and have been looking forward to--an a/b with the OG . . .
I think they are monsters of price-performance! You will love them!

Sep 6, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #87 of 271
The Ananda SM just arrived!
Will do some preliminary a/b-ing vs. the Ananda 2021 (v2? or v3?).

Related equipment:
>Neotech UPOCC after-market cable: 4x 28AWG solid core silver + 4x 24AWG solid core copper (4-pin XLR)
>S.M.S.L. SP400 (high gain, balanced)
>Topping E50 w/Topping P50 PSU
>Wyred4Sound Recovery
>USB Disruptor

Caveat (1):
The SM definitely need some break-in time. My OG have probably 200+ hours, the SM little more than 10 or so (HFM recommends 150 hours to bring the Ananda to their full potential).

Caveat (2):
The OG are currently fitted with the Dekoni Elite fenestrated sheepskin ear pads, the SM with their stock ear pads.

Notwithstanding, I do have a few preliminary remarks:
The SM sound more replete, less stark than the OG. That sense of fullness is universal in scope: tonally, dynamically, and in terms of detail retrieval. The sound field is more saturated and coherent with a liquidity that I do not perceive with the OG.

. . . more to follow . . .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back