HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Sep 24, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #11,071 of 11,921
right lol....man, im not sure you can discern it by eye if you buy used pair without the box...i have Stealth version but suddenly was worry it wasnt so i check impedance and Sensitivity specs, its all different depending of models.

i do think Hifiman should add a lil ''stealth'' at side of HE1000 on headband....as well as SE, V2 etc...
only physical difference is color of wood used but even that im not 100% certain....ah yeah, and price!

1695587537373.png
You can check your serial numbers with hifiman.

Sep 24, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #11,072 of 11,921
How do you measure db of a headphone? Do you just use a db meter and place it next to the driver?
I’ll do it like this, just applying a little pressure with my hands to secure the seal between the pads and the sound level meter microphone.

IMG_6047.jpeg

Sep 25, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #11,073 of 11,921
Hello! I recently A/B tested the Arya V2 and Arya Stealth. I own the V2. I found the Arya Stealth to be much more convincing in imaging and positioning, and I found that the Arya V2 are a little bit more hollow and with less layer definition (it's wonderfully layered but i find that the sounds are less "solid/full bodied" into the space). In the end, I liked the Arya Stealth more.

I read lots of reviews about the HE1000 Stealth and, instead of keeping the Arya Stealth, I returned them and bought the HE1000 Stealth. Now I'm A/B testing the Arya V2 and HE1000 Stealth and finding myself liking the Arya V2 much more because I find them more layered, with more depth, width, and grandeur. While the HE1000 Stealth are much more two-dimensional and less engaging, I don't feel INTO the music with them anymore.

In conclusion, I regret having returned the Arya Stealth. Could it be that my pair of HE1000 Stealth are somehow not working properly? As all the reviews on the internet say that those are more depth, wide, and layered than the Arya Stealth.

Thanks for your opinions!

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #11,074 of 11,921
Hello! I recently A/B tested the Arya V2 and Arya Stealth. I own the V2. I found the Arya Stealth to be much more convincing in imaging and positioning, and I found that the Arya V2 are a little bit more hollow and with less layer definition (it's wonderfully layered but i find that the sounds are less "solid/full bodied" into the space). In the end, I liked the Arya Stealth more.

I read lots of reviews about the HE1000 Stealth and, instead of keeping the Arya Stealth, I returned them and bought the HE1000 Stealth. Now I'm A/B testing the Arya V2 and HE1000 Stealth and finding myself liking the Arya V2 much more because I find them more layered, with more depth, width, and grandeur. While the HE1000 Stealth are much more two-dimensional and less engaging, I don't feel INTO the music with them anymore.

In conclusion, I regret having returned the Arya Stealth. Could it be that my pair of HE1000 Stealth are somehow not working properly? As all the reviews on the internet say that those are more depth, wide, and layered than the Arya Stealth.

Thanks for your opinions!
have you broken them in? Save the decisions till you have.

The HE1000 Stealth, is in line with the V2 sound + Stealth magnets. If you like the Arya Stealth, then you are going to wan the HE1000se as an upgrade.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #11,075 of 11,921

The HE1000 Stealth, is in line with the V2 sound + Stealth magnets. If you like the Arya Stealth, then you are going to wan the HE1000se as an upgrade.
Thanks for your reply. Not broken in for sure, I tested them right out of the box. But also the Arya Stealth were tested right out of the box and still sounded really convincing to me.

Sep 25, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #11,077 of 11,921

Found the main issue! It was because of the cable, I was testing the HE1000 Stealth with a custom (Custom Cans, very good cable, balanced). I tried them with its stock XLR cable and they opened up in 3 dimensions.
That custom cable works perfectly with the Arya.. don't know why so much difference on the HE1000..

Sep 26, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #11,078 of 11,921
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping some of you can help me out. I currently on the Arya SE and I'm quite happy with it. However, the Arya Organic is very intriguing. My curiosity usually gets the best of me so I'm looking for someone to talk me down from the ledge or push me off the ledge haha.

I've read and watched all major reviews. I leaning towards "upgrading" to the Organic but I'm still not sure what to expect. Some say it's brighter, some say it's wider, some say it's warmer, some say it's a clear step up, and some say it's not worth the upgrade.

I pulled both of these quotes from Bloom Audio's website:
"Fans of the Arya often ask for a next-gen model with an even ‘fuller sound signature,’ which translates to greater detail and overall frequency response. Arya Organic is our response, with a soundstage and sonic output that will satisfy the most demanding audiophiles and music lovers." Dr. Fang Bian - President, and CEO, HiFiMAN Electronics
"The one edge that V3 maintains is that the upper/mid bass and low mids are more filled out than on Arya Organic, meaning that some fans of warmer tunings (who don't have tubes handy), might still lean towards the V3." Bloom Audio
To me, they highlight my concern. I'm just not sure what I'd be getting with the Arya Organic. Like I said, I'm pretty happy with the SE but my curiosity gets the best of me sometimes. For those who own or have heard both the SE and Organic, can you answer the following for me:
  • Is the Organic is more full-bodied, not just in the sub-bass?
  • How does the treble compare between the two?
  • How do the mids compare?
  • Would you consider the Organic a step up or a side-grade to the SE?
If this information is already posted somewhere, please point me in that direction. Thanks!

Sep 26, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #11,080 of 11,921
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping some of you can help me out. I currently on the Arya SE and I'm quite happy with it. However, the Arya Organic is very intriguing. My curiosity usually gets the best of me so I'm looking for someone to talk me down from the ledge or push me off the ledge haha.

I've read and watched all major reviews. I leaning towards "upgrading" to the Organic but I'm still not sure what to expect. Some say it's brighter, some say it's wider, some say it's warmer, some say it's a clear step up, and some say it's not worth the upgrade.

To me, they highlight my concern. I'm just not sure what I'd be getting with the Arya Organic. Like I said, I'm pretty happy with the SE but my curiosity gets the best of me sometimes. For those who own or have heard both the SE and Organic, can you answer the following for me:
If this information is already posted somewhere, please point me in that direction. Thanks!
I think the bass und subbass are much more present. The stage is better but the headphone is a little brighter on some frequencies.

I heard both but I didn’t like the stealth compared to the organic.

The only thing I don’t like is the tremble, but it’s quite day depended.
I heard the 1000V2 Stealth, and the tremble was a bit softer, bass less bodied, resolution a little better. I bought the organic but would go with the 1000V2 today.
Both a big upgrade to the Arya Stealth in my opinion.

Sep 26, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #11,081 of 11,921
However, the Arya Organic is very intriguing. My curiosity usually gets the best of me so I'm looking for someone to talk me down from the ledge or push me off the ledge haha.

I'm pretty happy with the SE but my curiosity gets the best of me sometimes.
FOMO and GAS is a bitch.

Sep 26, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #11,082 of 11,921
Hi Guys,

Having owned both id put it this way…if you want accuracy then keep the stealths, you may want a pair of cans that can do more than just sound good (i.e mixing and mastering; professional use). However if your just a listener, I’d go with the organic as it has a more of the magic we look for when listening.

Sep 26, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #11,083 of 11,921
Hi Guys,

Bro after you "upgrade" to the Organic you're going to be curious about the HE1000 lol.

Has there been any speculation on new HE1000 models since the big price cuts...like a HE2000? If there is it might be worth waiting to see what gets announce seeing that you already have an Arya you're happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back