HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Oct 21, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #5,596 of 11,921
Oh man, I’ve had similar stuff happen. It’s never fun, but I do not believe it’s the norm, with Hifiman or any online retailer I’ve dealt with. For almost every transaction I’ve had, everything went smoothly. But there was one nightmare with 2 faulty pairs of Ananda in a row and a mistakenly delivered Sundara before they got the order right. It also rubbed me the wrong way, but I think it can just be bad luck sometimes. We’re all human, regardless of whether mistakes happened with good intentions or maybe not…

And yeah I agree with @XGeneX88, if the vendor is not Hifiman, maybe consider purchasing directly from them. Never had a problem with them before.
How's that FA-10? It seems like a great amp.

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #5,597 of 11,921
Oct 21, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #5,598 of 11,921
How's that FA-10? It seems like a great amp.
Man, it's a real treat with the Arya...not that I've ever heard the Arya with too many other sources. Great detail, smoothness, timbre, dynamics, and soundstage. Easily beats the Liquid Platinum I was using before it.

Oct 21, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #5,600 of 11,921
Man, it's a real treat with the Arya...not that I've ever heard the Arya with too many other sources. Great detail, smoothness, timbre, dynamics, and soundstage. Easily beats the Liquid Platinum I was using before it.
Whaaaa? Don't make me want one, pleeez. OTOH, my Gustard H20 is sufficient, especially with the easier to drive v3's and I can chonge out the opamps for a li'l different flavor, hehe.

Oct 22, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #5,601 of 11,921
My attention is turning now to a new amp. Pretty much decided on a Flux as well, but torn between the FA-10 and the FA-12. I think the V2 would benefit from both, just in different ways. Then I think about the Soloist 3XP, but like the prices of the Flux offerings better.
I've always been curious to hear the Burson stuff, but no complaints at all with the FA-10! I wrote to them and asked which they would recommend for the most transparency and soundstage, mostly for classical recordings, and they told me to go with the FA-10. The only downside is how huge this amp is...the Soloist 3XP would definitely save some space.
Whaaaa? Don't make me want one, pleeez. OTOH, my Gustard H20 is sufficient, especially with the easier to drive v3's and I can chonge out the opamps for a li'l different flavor, hehe.
I'm sure the Gustard H20 is all you'll need! And yeah, the V3's seem like they definitely don't need 16 watts per channel :sweat_smile: But then again, the V1 or V2 Arya's probably don't need that much either lol

Oct 22, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #5,602 of 11,921
I've always been curious to hear the Burson stuff, but no complaints at all with the FA-10! I wrote to them and asked which they would recommend for the most transparency and soundstage, mostly for classical recordings, and they told me to go with the FA-10. The only downside is how huge this amp is...the Soloist 3XP would definitely save some space.

I'm sure the Gustard H20 is all you'll need! And yeah, the V3's seem like they definitely don't need 16 watts per channel :sweat_smile: But then again, the V1 or V2 Arya's probably don't need that much either lol
We are always pull by that number of watts...haha...seems like a yes to me as well FA10.

Oct 22, 2021 at 12:58 AM Post #5,603 of 11,921
My attention is turning now to a new amp. Pretty much decided on a Flux as well, but torn between the FA-10 and the FA-12. I think the V2 would benefit from both, just in different ways. Then I think about the Soloist 3XP, but like the prices of the Flux offerings better.
I wouldn't be afraid to shop the used market - good deals can be found, IMO.

Oct 22, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #5,605 of 11,921
I haven't heard any of Burson's amps in person but judging from their opamp offerings their amps must be great. I'm demoing the v6 Vivids and am to write a review.

Oct 22, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #5,606 of 11,921
The burson is lovely and warm. But I'm curious to swam out the opamps to see what it delivers. I'll enjoy it in stock form for a while first.

Right now I'm just enjoying a variety of headphones on a modest Xduoo MT-604. Not sure how powerful it is but seems to get crazy loud!

Were it not for the ridiculous size I would have gone FA-10

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #5,607 of 11,921
I have both the Classic V6 and the Vivid V6 opamps that I'm running in a Burson Conductor 3XR (I swap them out when the mood strikes). Lovely amp that brings everything to life. I personally enjoy the V6 Classics a bit more over the Vivids because they have a sort of "analog" sound. Things are a bit more textured in the midrange to low end and the highs are brought down just a smidge to be non-fatiguing (with headphones like my Focal Clear, Arya, or HD800S) and I can enjoy very long listening sessions with all my headphones without any listening fatigue. Highly recommend Burson products.. they are well made and they really deliver on all fronts (at least that's how I feel about my unit).

The Arya on a Burson Conductor 3XR is truly something else...

Oct 22, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #5,608 of 11,921
FA-10 vs FA-10 Pro pls. Thank you
I’m not really sure of the difference myself, but if you write to FluxLab they’re very good at responding and can help you choose between them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back