Hifiman Arya Setup
Mar 1, 2023 at 10:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

velourik

New Head-Fier
I'd like to have a setup that's great for either turntable (Pro-ject Debut Carbon) or iPhone playback through either Hifiman Arya headphones or speakers&sub. However, I'm concerned that going the integrated amp route will cause output quality to my Aryas to suffer. Any recommendations on how to navigate this?

Some options I'm considering:
  1. Buy either a Marantz PM6007 or Cambridge Audio CXA61/81 (with whatever pre-amp) and live with the integrated amp headphone output quality
  2. Buy a Cambridge Audio CXA61/81 and a Cambridge Audio Duo, and use the latter for headphone output
  3. Focus on headphone listening/ignore speaker setup for now, and upgrade my current Modi/Magni stack to Modius/Magnius (+ balanced cable)
  4. Go with a Schiit Ragnarok
  5. Other?
Thanks for any feedback!

Mar 1, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #2 of 3
I've had the Arya on many different stacks. If you go with a receiver, I'd focus on the headphone out power and measurements before buying. The Magnus Modiius stack sounds great with the extra voltage from a balanced. The only thing I didn't like on the Arya was the forward upper mids, but easy to EQ down a little without a preamp reduction.
Which stack do you have? The Magni Heresy and Modi 3 really does sound good on those. The best I've ever heard the Arya was the Topping A90 and SMSL M300 DAC which has filters and color settings which are really fun. The Topping E50 is excellent, just 3 filters, but 1 and 3 are all anyone needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back