Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion
Apr 6, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #8,312 of 14,386
Does anyone have a screenshot of a Fun EQ that they are using with their PEACE Apo?

I've been playing around and had some great results but I'm not 100% sure what I should adjusting to get a nice fun EQ out of my He-400i's

Thanks in advance

Apr 7, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #8,315 of 14,386

Here is mine which I like it a lot so far. This is running on H10 amp

Is that EQ program freeware?

I don't use my computer as much as my X5II but I'm going to start using it as my pc DAC so a good EQ will help bring the lows up more but mids and highs are about perfect for me. I don't need anything real fancy so if anyone has a good free one they can recommend please let me know.

Apr 7, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #8,316 of 14,386

I don't use my computer as much as my X5II but I'm going to start using it as my pc DAC so a good EQ will help bring the lows up more but mids and highs are about perfect for me. I don't need anything real fancy so if anyone has a good free one they can recommend please let me know.

I recommend Equalizer APO, system wide, as long as you're not using WASAPI. It's the most feature-filled equalizer I know.

Apr 7, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #8,318 of 14,386

Yes it's free. If I am not mistaken, it's a part of APO software developed by Peter, see the title of the window of the EQ

Apr 7, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #8,319 of 14,386
I'm using Music Bee with WASAPI selected.  Anyone know of a plug-in parametric equalizer?

I've used EQuilibrium and it's really good with lots of features. Electri-Q is solid as well. Both of these are VST. You can also use Room EQ Wizard with a convolver.

Apr 7, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #8,321 of 14,386

The Asgard2 does get hot, I have a small usb powered fan on it (power for fan is from usb AC adapter, not computer)

The underlined is the same reason I don't use EQ, my GF and I switch between 14 headphones so setting/changing EQ is a PITA.  My solution is I have 2 DACs and 4 amps on my listening table, not an elegant solution but it works for my GF and I.  The other 2 listening systems only have 1 amp and 1 DAC each but only have 2-3 headphones each.

Sorry I can't seem to help you get the most from HE-400i, hope others in the thread can lend a helping hand.

Okay, not only do I hate you for living in paradise, but I hate you even more for having a girlfriend who loves audio and accepts your rig!

The you're really going to love this: my GF insisted that I buy the Sennheiser HD-800S's when they were offered for 48 months, no interest at Sweewater. Every day I heard "I really don't understand why you haven't bought them yet. I mean, we spend more on that on pizza every month."

Oh, and I thought she wouldn't give me the 400i's back. She just sat there listening to Fleewood Mac with a big smile on her face. Ditto with the Meze Classic 99's, although she likes the 400i's better overall.

:D

Apr 7, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #8,322 of 14,386
The you're really going to love this: my GF insisted that I buy the Sennheiser HD-800S's when they were offered for 48 months, no interest at Sweewater.

Probably because you were setting aside funds to marry such an Amazing woman who supports your Hobby!

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #8,323 of 14,386
The you're really going to love this: my GF insisted that I buy the Sennheiser HD-800S's when they were offered for 48 months, no interest at Sweewater. Every day I heard "I really don't understand why you haven't bought them yet. I mean, we spend more on that on pizza every month."

Oh, and I thought she wouldn't give me the 400i's back. She just sat there listening to Fleewood Mac with a big smile on her face. Ditto with the Meze Classic 99's, although she likes the 400i's better overall.

biggrin.gif

You are a lucky one
beerchug.gif

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #8,324 of 14,386

biggrin.gif

Sounds like a keeper!

Apr 7, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #8,325 of 14,386

biggrin.gif

Yah, you're on my **** list now also. Does she have a sister living in Canada by chance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back