Hifiman HE-500 or Sennheiser HD 650
Nov 18, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #2 of 127
Quote:
Hello guys, I listening Pop, Rock, R&B, sometimes instrumental, HIp-Hop, Electronic, which headphones do best job with my listening gentries?  

Heya,

Both headphones are excellent and are good at all genres.

The question is... what kind of sound are you looking for?

Do you want something really warm, with rolled off dark treble? Or do you want something very neutral, warm, with some sparkle in the treble?

Also, what source equipment are you going to be running your headphones from?

And what's your budget?

Very best,

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #7 of 127
Quote:
I like good vocals, i like to hear everything clear and smooth, with good scene and basses. sorry i am not audiophile i cant...

Well before you start spending a large sum of money, maybe do some research so that you can explain well and get the kind of help you're asking for?

Start here.

Very best,

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #8 of 127
I put most of liking features for sound

Juicy
 - Sound that has joie de vivre, energy and life.

Lush
 - Very Rich/Full.

Lush (2)
 - A "lush" sound has a sense of warmth and fullness. Notes are more authoritative and have a sense of life about them. It is a sound free of any sibilance or brightness. It does not mean colored, however. It is an open and inviting sound enveloping the listener into its soundstage. (source: unkown headfier)

Open
 - Sound which has height and "air", relates to clean upper midrange and treble.

Airy
 - Spacious. Open. Instruments sound like they are surrounded by a large reflective space full of air. Good reproduction of high frequency reflections. High frequency response extends to 15 or 20 kHz.

Warm
 - Good bass, adequate low frequencies, adequate fundamentals relative to harmonics. Not thin. Also excessive bass or mid bass. Also, pleasantly spacious, with adequate reverberation at low frequencies. Also see Rich, Round. Warm highs means sweet highs.

Tight
 - Good low frequency transient response and detail.

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #9 of 127
Heya,

Both headphones match what you're looking for relatively well.

The critical differences are the following:

Treble: The HE500 has more heightened treble, it's brighter, more sparkle. The HD650 has rolled off treble, treble is less apparent, it's darker, mellow.
Bass: The HE500 extends deeper with more control and texture than the HD650.
Weight: The HE500 weighs more than the HD650. The HD650 may be more comfortable.
Build: The HE500 is metal. The HD650 is plastic.
Speed: The HE500 is faster, but this is expected as a planar magnetic.
Price: Obvious.

Very best,

Nov 18, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #10 of 127
I know both headphones well, and for the genre of music you like, I'd go for the HE500's. They really do electronic music very well, this for me includes pop. The 650's are good but don't do anything better than the hifimans apart from maybe a slightly larger soundstage and comfort. But for imaging, space, bass slam, detail and above all- "fun" the HE500's win. If your music was more acoustic based i.e Classical/Jazz then it would have been closer, but for electronic its a no contest IMO.  

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #12 of 127
OK best of the best are HE-500 for me music ? if yes, recomend me amp ? i am looking for amp, 700$ max budget. What about La-Figaro 339 with HE-500, maybe somethink have better deal for 700$ for amp ? 

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #13 of 127
Do you have a DAC already?

MalVeaux is putting together a killer budget system that won't exceed your $700.  This includes the amp and the DAC:  Take a look:

AMP:
http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/amplifiers/products/a100

DAC:
http://www.mav-audio.com/base/product/tubemagic_d2

This seems to be a well put together HE-500 system.  Can't wait to see impressions from MalVeaux.

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #14 of 127

This seems to be a well put together HD-500 system.  Can't wait to see impressions from MalVeaux.

I'm sure you mean HE-500 instead of HD. Unless somehow Hifiman and Sennheiser combined to make a super HD 1150 maybe?  
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back