= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Mar 3, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #15,421 of 21,174
Still loving them everyday, but I contacted hifiman about driver matching issue, bad quality stock pads and connectors becoming loose etc. and they agreed to replace mine for the new connectors and case. Good to see great support. Sending shipping fee is on me though.

I had the same issue after half a year. One side was suddenly quieter than the other. They replaced the headphone completely to a new one with the new connectors. Signature is still amazing. Love these.

It is always sad to see one of my favorite threads get kind of silent. The 560 isn't new enough now to be a buzz thread. Hopefully there is still an active group of 560 owners around here.

Of course! I think short of a HE-X or HE-K it's still one of most enjoyable headphones in my stable.

Still loving it dearly.

Mar 3, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #15,422 of 21,174
  It is always sad to see one of my favorite threads get kind of silent. The 560 isn't new enough now to be a buzz thread. Hopefully there is still an active group of 560 owners around here.

Maybe that's a good thing, there is so much chatter on the LCD-2 thread for dead drivers and poor customer service, no news is good news, some times
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #15,423 of 21,174
Hello there,

I listened to the HE-560 with mod grid since long time. This mod saves in air and soudstage.
But since a little time I retried the original grids and I realized that I prefer these ! Because the more intimate listening is less tiring, but mostly I find that realism is gained in tonalities and in the placement of instruments.

Mar 3, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #15,424 of 21,174
560 is a gem. End-game for many, including myself. It doesn't yet have the legendary rep as the HD650, but 650 has been around much longer. If HiFi Man can just curb its OCD for "perfection" (and cash flow -- witness the HE1K), and quit coming out with new models every 6 months lol, maybe 560 will have time to gain the exalted status it deserves.

imo.

Mar 3, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #15,425 of 21,174
Not sure where I posted it, on a similar thread, but I'd highly recommend an after market cable for the 560. Have been trying a sample of the Dana, and comparing the Dana and Norne Zoetic a bit on HE-1000, they both make small but significant improvements in the sound and my enjoyment of the headphones.

Mar 3, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #15,426 of 21,174
  Maybe that's a good thing, there is so much chatter on the LCD-2 thread for dead drivers and poor customer service, no news is good news, some times
biggrin.gif

You know, that is one major reason I have never even really considered an LCD. Despite HFM issues, my perception is that Audeze may actually have worse QC and higher rates of more serious failures. Wasn't the LCD 3 notorious for failing drivers, like really bad? I would never buy one simply as the moment they are out of warranty you are stuck on your own. Now maybe I'm incorrect and hopefully somebody more in the know on the issue can correct me.

Mar 3, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #15,427 of 21,174
  You know, that is one major reason I have never even really considered an LCD. Despite HFM issues, my perception is that Audeze may actually have worse QC and higher rates of more serious failures. Wasn't the LCD 3 notorious for failing drivers, like really bad? I would never buy one simply as the moment they are out of warranty you are stuck on your own. Now maybe I'm incorrect and hopefully somebody more in the know on the issue can correct me.

Haven't looked on the LCD-3 thread but those with LCD-2 & 3 say there is more failure of the LCD-3
cool.gif

As I posted in the HD-650 thread my Stax SRD-34 is 35 years old and still works great, if any of my current headphones last even half of that I would be really happy, will I still be alive to care remains to be seen
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #15,428 of 21,174
  .... if any of my current headphones last even half of that I would be really happy, will I still be alive to care remains to be seen
biggrin.gif

If you are, you will be a really, really, wrinkled, shrunken man in smelly diapers so I'm going to say no, you wouldn't care.

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #15,430 of 21,174
  ^ Hearing loss at select freqs and memory disorders set in beforehand.....

Some people are lucky and their memory and cognitive capacity remains very strong. My best friends mother is 90 now and when you talk to her she is as snappy and clear as anybody. Over the phone you wouldn't think she is a day past 70, if even that old. Some people just age extremely well.

Mar 3, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #15,431 of 21,174
  Some people are lucky and their memory and cognitive capacity remains very strong. My best friends mother is 90 now and when you talk to her she is as snappy and clear as anybody. Over the phone you wouldn't think she is a day past 70, if even that old. Some people just age extremely well.

She probably has a 560 to keep her young at mind.....

Mar 3, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #15,432 of 21,174

She probably has a 560 to keep her young at mind.....

LOL, sadly no, she spends all her time watching political shows from around Canada and the world. Don't ask her about Donald Trump .....

Mar 3, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #15,433 of 21,174
  LOL, sadly no, she spends all her time watching political shows from around Canada and the world. Don't ask her about Donald Trump .....

At least it's not junk talk show/soap TV in the afternoons. Music does the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back