Hifiman RE600 vs Shure SE425 vs Audio Technica ATH E50
Feb 16, 2018 at 4:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

kidfortoday

New Head-Fier
Hello there, I'm looking to buy a new pair of everyday IEMs and I basically narrowed the field down to these three.

I'm basically looking for as versatile and easygoing of a sound signature as possible, and from what I've gathered these three are all pretty middle of the road and can adapt themselves to a wide variety of styles of music (correct me If you think otherwise).

I've had the RE 400 and the SE215 and I liked them both, but I would say that except for the mediocre build quality (which is great on the SE215, even though it makes the earphone a bit bulkier and less comfortable) the RE400 was clearly superior to me in terms of sound, and I also loved how light they were. Isolation was another area where the Shures were superior, but the HiFiMan were adequate in that regard.
From what I understand the RE600 and SE425 are basically identical to their little brothers in terms of build and fit, so, considering that I would pay 115 for the RE600 and 180 for the SE425 I would need to be somewhat convinced the gap in terms of sound quality to be significant to go with the latter instead of the former.

The ATH E50 I would get for 150 and, I guess, would be a middle of the road between the build quality of the Shures and the sound of the Hifiman. I have no experience with AT IEMs, I owned the ATH M50x for a while, but didn't really like them and sold them.

Anyone care to comment on this topic? Other recommendations in the 100-200 euro range are welcome as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back