Hifiman Sundara (HE400i upgraded, around $500)
Nov 22, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #91 of 4,259
3C452E5D-9826-46C2-9AB8-0074D40347E5.jpeg

Nov 22, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #92 of 4,259
I know there is a thread where someone ordered the HE400i/HE560 style headband and was able to attach it to their HE-500 cups. Maybe ask Hifiman if it's possible with this style too, and inquire about ordering one if it is. Actually, I'm quite curious too. Might make my HE-6 more comfortable.

I have read through the thread you mentioned.
I messaged hifiman and they said the sundara replacement parts will be available shortly after the sundara release; also, the sundara headbands will be identical in connection to the HE560 headband so it will work. I just want to know if hifiman will offer a swap like the were rumored to do previously.

Nov 22, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #94 of 4,259
I have read through the thread you mentioned.
I messaged hifiman and they said the sundara replacement parts will be available shortly after the sundara release; also, the sundara headbands will be identical in connection to the HE560 headband so it will work. I just want to know if hifiman will offer a swap like the were rumored to do previously.

Ah. I wasn't aware they did swaps. Do you send it back to them for the swap? That sounds like a lot of extra expense.

Nov 23, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #97 of 4,259
Do we think the sundara could sound better than the 560?
That’s an answer I want to hear as well. The HE560’s are steady coming down in price and could be the better bargain if the sound of the Sundara falls somewhere in between them and the HE400i’s.

Nov 24, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #100 of 4,259
Ah. I wasn't aware they did swaps. Do you send it back to them for the swap? That sounds like a lot of extra expense.

I haven't done the swap or sent it out hence why I'm considering the Sundara band

It would be kind of dumb considering how easy it is to do yourself

When I first read about the swap being performed by Hifiman it was before the swap was popular as a DIY thing and the thread didnt yet exist. I personally don't have the tools nor the steady hands and time for the swap so if I only head to pay shipping plus the headband price it would still be cheaper than buying a drill, glue gun and file.

They no longer sell just the headband.

Not what I was told via email from hifiman but I will check after they are released

Nov 24, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #103 of 4,259
Emailed Hifiman about the Sundara headband. I was told that due to the newness of the unit, the headband is not currently offered separately and that he could not comment on whether it will be in the future. So for now, I'll have to wait for it to be out for a while and try again later.

Nov 24, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #105 of 4,259
I haven't done the swap or sent it out hence why I'm considering the Sundara band

When I first read about the swap being performed by Hifiman it was before the swap was popular as a DIY thing and the thread didnt yet exist. I personally don't have the tools nor the steady hands and time for the swap so if I only head to pay shipping plus the headband price it would still be cheaper than buying a drill, glue gun and file.

Not what I was told via email from hifiman but I will check after they are released

Last year they refused to sell me a 560 headband. I bought a new HE-350 headphone and it worked even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back