High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion & Impressions Thread
Nov 14, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #408 of 1,031
Well, call me crazy but... just bought my 3rd BE3 pair !! haha :)
First time of my life than I'am ordering 3 times the same pair of earbud.
I'am now totally addicted to BE3 sound!

Btw, I will try to make a short review of Edifier H180 tomorrow but unfortunately after 1 week of burnng, it still does not sound as best as BE3. But yet for sure definitely my best second favorite earbud ever.

subwoof3r - Let us know what do you think once you've received your new BE3. :wink:

Nov 14, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #409 of 1,031
Is be3 bigger than pk1 and mc5 ?

Nov 15, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #410 of 1,031
Hi there,
I've just received my Baldoor (Mrice) E100 and after some listening I have a question:
Is it just me or there is a huge peak somewhere in the treble region that is really annoying?
Will it smooth out with burning in? I find everything else really well balanced, but the treble is making my ears bleed.

P.S. I am still searching to get UE6000 sound signature from earbuds.
Any suggestions ?

Post edit:
I tweaked a bit the Graphical EQ on my Rockboxed Sansa Clip+ and after I adjusted 9Khz by -4.5db and 250hz by -5db the sound is just phenomenal. I guess my ears are too treble sensitive + these have a good midbass hump.

Nov 15, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #411 of 1,031
As promised, here is my Edifier H180 point of view. I won't do a full review like I did for BE3 but I will try to sum-up as best as I can and will compare it to my reference earbuds which is still Blox BE3
cool.gif

After a full week of burning and coupled to my FiiO E10K USB DAC-AMP, it still didn't beat my BE3. Sound quality is overall very good for a 8$ earbuds, and if for sure my current best second earbuds ever.

Bass part is impressive, a bit too punchy and warm which clearly remembers me Awei ES10. I even had to disable bass boost switch from my E10K to get something interesting. Bass is not as controlled, smooth and fun listening than BE3, but it performed well during all my tests. Nothing to complain really concerning low frequencies.
Mids are recessed, which clearly shows H180 true V signature. Some may like, some may not (like me as I really prefer balanced earbuds), it depends of which kind of music you are listening. Mids clearly needs some EQ to show some action.
Highs are good but not as precise and clear than BE3. I would say some EQ will really help here also in this domain, but not so much.
Definitely this earbud need some EQ to be enjoyed as much as stock BE3.
Soundstage is a bit wider than BE3. It has the right amount, I even enjoyed soundstage a bit more than BE3.

The good thing of H180 is probably his fit. I never felt any other earbuds as comfortable than this H180. They fit exactly my ears so no need to re-adjust them sometimes. Coupled with doanut foams they are perfect.
H180 body and grill is smaller than BE3 (PK1 is even still the smallest earbuds of my collection).

For 8$, you definitely cannot have anything as good as this Edifier H180, at this price it blows the competition away. But yet, BE3 is still my king one (I overall prefer his clarity and HIFI sound feeling).

Cheers'
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 15, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #412 of 1,031
Got the Zune V2 earbuds from ebay for under $5. They sound good are are worth every penny, and probably 1000 more. Laid back sound. Treble sounds nice - cymbals sound real but somewhat softer than expected and subdued. It's not rolled off like cutting the treble an eq. It's kind of polite and doesn't draw attention to itself. - but no trace of sibilance. Piano sounds wonderful. These earbuds have very smooth and present midrange - but not over emphasized like I perceive the TG-38s to be. I'm listening to David Benoit's Every Step of the Way on my Moto X. Nice seperation - bass is nice but not overemphasized or bloated - the bass slaps sound like they should. 

What I don't like is that the earpieces are rather large and I don't have the option to use these without some kind of covers like yurbuds so they stay inside my ears. They are too large to stay in my ears even with foams. The cable is also thick and stiff vinyl and doesn't conform to surfaces and kind of has a mind of it's own. They have obviously used a larger gauge wire for signal integrity, but these days, companies that do that have come up with better solutions.

Nice and laid back - not flat, not clinical, not fun. But also not boring - rather pleasant.

Worth the $5. Holds it's own against the buds I've gotten from Dasetn. Sounds better than stock earbuds and most name-brand one at big box stores for under $20. 

I haven't burned them in yet - just been listening to them for more than a couple hours. I also haven't switched to other earbuds - burn in and direct comparison will have to wait.

Arrived to Southern US in 3 days. under $5 shipped.

Too bad it doesn't have the button control for smartphones.

Nov 15, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #413 of 1,031
  Losing all of my money, $5 at a time.

EDIT, you can get the Zune earbud even cheaper.  That same eBay seller above has a website:  http://www.santanaudiovideo.com/

The Zune earbuds are only $3.99 with free shipping... but, if you use the code "greatdeals" you get 10% Off which brings the total to $3.59 shipped.  http://www.santanaudiovideo.com/Microsoft-Zune-Earbuds-Headphones-X13-98838-02-p/zune-x13-98838-02-earbuds.htm?CartID=1

Nov 15, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #414 of 1,031
  i hope that link on ebay was sell zune v2.. since i never heard zune v1.. cause these 2 bud have exactly same housing 
blink.gif

btw i just bought blox be3.. yay \:D/

V1:

V2:

All available direct from that guys site for $3.50 and change instead of ebay.

Looks like I'm gonna drop another small chunk of change for V1. . .

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #416 of 1,031
These zune earbuds are dirty cheap . 

What is the difference between v1 and v2 ? Which are smaller and which one sounds better?

Nov 17, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #417 of 1,031
  These zune earbuds are dirty cheap . 

What is the difference between v1 and v2 ? Which are smaller and which one sounds better?

I don't know yet. But I ordered 2 pairs of the V1 and an additional V2 - cost me under $11 for all shipped using code "greatdeals". I will post impressions out of the box (well actually, plastic bag with no foams or anything else) when I get them. pre-burn in. The V2 didn't disappoint and is great for mellow and laid-back music recorded with real instruments.

Nov 17, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #418 of 1,031
Piston Pod(uuggh!) product page is up. http://www.1more.com/en/1more-piston_pod.htm

Anybody seen them available yet? Not on Xiaomi store or Xiaomi world yet. I guess being Piston Pods(uuggh x2) that is where they will turn up first.

Anyhow at least people can read the product page and see how they look.

Edit: Actually they are available from some sellers on taobao...
http://s.taobao.com/search?q=1more+design&commend=all&ssid=s5-e&search_type=mall&sourceId=tb.index&spm=a215z.7106357.5803581.d4908513

Attempted to order one on Mistertao but my cards were declined by fraud protection and when I went back later after okaying/approving, I got "the system is busy try again later" thing so I'll wait for them to appear for sale elsewhere.

Nov 19, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #419 of 1,031
Just got my Zune V2 Earbuds.  For less than $4 shipped, they ain't bad.  

Seems to have a simple sound without doing anything really wrong.  Bass is not as powerful as the Awei ES10, highs not quite as clear as the Dasetn MC5.
Soundstage is ok, not as wide as other inexpensive earbuds.  Overall I like what I hear and they are worth all of their 359 pennies.

Nov 21, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #420 of 1,031
Got my Zune V1 buds today. They have the same sound signature/loudness/everything as the V2. The V1 are a little bit more ergonomic in that the housing surrounding the face of the driver is not perfectly round, but comes to a dull point so it is supposed to be twisted inside the outer the ear to fit. The housing is still too bulky to go into my ear and stay in there without some kind of silicone cover/sleeve. The V1 has a similar thick cable that has a mind of its own to the V2. I'd almost say that the V1 and V2 are the same drivers with the better housing going to the V1 - but not by much. I'm not a big fan of either housing. But for $3.56, I'm not going to complain any more.

Unoffending and pleasing and worth $3.56 each. I'd probably pay up to $12.99 for these and not a penny more.

The best-selling earbuds of all time are the white ones that came with early Apple products - and these are the Microsoft equivalent. This guy probably bought them all for pennies each since there was a huge surplus due to the Zune line's lukewarm reception.

These are great for having around at the office so I can listen to music while tuning out the hustle and bustle in the hallways of students chit-chatting, yet clearly hear someone seeking my attention at my door using a normal tone of voice. Incidentally, I also use the Dasetn M3 and Sony MDRE9LP for the same purpose. I prefer the M3 housing over all these buds with the Sony being a distant 2nd and both Zunes trailing slightly behind the Sony's, with the V1 a hair ahead of the V2.

All 4 do not sound the same, but I have no preference of one over the other and will probably use the one that is closest to be when I want to listen to music. The reason I'm not mentioning the M1 or the TG-38s is that they have already broken - each after 3 months and I'd rather buy a handful of Zunes than a M1 since I break each with the same frequency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back