High/low pass 2.2 channel setup
Nov 18, 2023 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

newToAudio100

100+ Head-Fier
I have my primary and secondary headphone setup already mostly complete. I'm looking to build a speaker setup as an additional system. I don't have a lot of experience with speaker systems other than surround sound and low end 2ch systems.

I was considering using my secondary dac (the yggy og a2) in this 2 channel system. I also want to use two subs to make it 2.2 channel. My only problem is I'm not sure how best to go about high pass/low pass or just pass everything through.

I was thinking it could be done on a digital source with high pass/low pass and two simultaneous outputs but then I would need separate dacs for the subs. Not sure if there are quality anolog filters out there. I know the yggy dac can run the xlr and rca outputs simultaneously.

What is the best approach for this?

I'm still deciding on my gear and might not need to use the yggy I could sell it instead.

Nov 19, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #2 of 2
I have my primary and secondary headphone setup already mostly complete. I'm looking to build a speaker setup as an additional system. I don't have a lot of experience with speaker systems other than surround sound and low end 2ch systems.

I was considering using my secondary dac (the yggy og a2) in this 2 channel system. I also want to use two subs to make it 2.2 channel. My only problem is I'm not sure how best to go about high pass/low pass or just pass everything through.

I was thinking it could be done on a digital source with high pass/low pass and two simultaneous outputs but then I would need separate dacs for the subs. Not sure if there are quality anolog filters out there. I know the yggy dac can run the xlr and rca outputs simultaneously.

What is the best approach for this?

I'm still deciding on my gear and might not need to use the yggy I could sell it instead.
If you purchase the correct subs that have built-in high pass filters you simply send the output of your preamp to the appropriate sub, then on to your amplifier or amplifiers and on to your speakers. No need to get more complicated than that.

Or, for an extremely elegant solution, check out the Schiit Syn.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back