High quality wireless solution for wired headphones
Mar 31, 2021 at 6:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

HBen

500+ Head-Fier
Dear fellow head-fiers,

I'm looking for a high quality wireless solution to bridge the distance from the TV to my sofa so I can listen to my over ear headphones (with cables) when watching TV - but without running a cable all the way through the living room.
I also have electricity next to the sofa so I could install a headphone amplifier/dac etc. on that side if that's necessary.

wireless headphones solution.png

While I am aware that there are a ton of bluetooth adapters like the FiiO BTR Series or products like the Sennheiser Flex 5000 I keep thinking there must be a better solution! Especially with headphones that need a lot of power these products don't manage to keep up.

I see two possible ways:
1) Some pro audio gear or other wireless digital transmitter and receiver that take the digital signal of the TV and transmits it to the other side of the room where it can be decoded by a dac and fed into an amp.
2) A mobile and battery powered device better than those bluetooth adapters (maybe a DAP?) that can receive a digital signal (preferrably not bluetooth) from an outside source and then decode and amplify it.

I've been searching for stuff but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Any help or suggestions on possible products are highly welcome.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back