HiSound Studio help!!!
Jul 9, 2012 at 12:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

doctorjazz

There is no Dana, there is only ZOTL!
Reviewer for The Headphone List
Hi. I bought a HiSound Studio V about 7 months ago, have used it intermittently (have a number of other players, including an iPod touch, iPad, and Droid Razr Maxx), but I liked it for it's sound (didn't like the user interface, but was able to get around it). I hadn't used it in a while, so I charged it, and it was dead. I contacted Jack Fu, of HiSound, and he sent me an email telling me I just needed to reinstall the firmware, and sent me an attachment with the program and some other files. I've been trying over and over to get this to work, but don't seem to be able to. I do everything as instructed, the screen on the Studio has "snow" across it, the software keeps saying "initializing". When I contacted Jack again, he said everything was going properly, but I can't figure what to do next. The Studio won't eject (Windows remove hardware safely), and is dead again when I disconnect it. I may have to install some files somehow during the process (some were in the attachment), but I have no clue how or when to do it, and Jack doesn't seem able to explain. Hoping someone here can help a computer novice. Thanks
Jack

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 5
 After you connect the DAP to the PC via usb, FW utility says initializing  but start button wont be operational before 1-2 min. Wait for the right time for pressing the button. If you miss the button dont be panic and keep waiting. After a few round you will be able to press it.
I guess it works.

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #3 of 5
The problem is that it NEVER stops initialializing,,I've let it run many hours, the start button stays greyed out, it keeps initializing.

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #5 of 5
Tried it with my daughter's Vaio laptop, seemed to install software, but when I click to start Studio on center button nothing happens (I sometimes see signs of life on connecting it to computer, the "HI" comes up on the screen, but disappears and can't use it). I've hooked it to 3 different Windows 7 computers, they see it initially (I get the window asking what I want to do), but I try opening files, nothing, doesn't show in Computer as a drive.I have a MicroSD card in, doesn't show either, and when I try to start, as I said, nada. Any other suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back