here are the comparisons:

THE DREAMY IEM VS. THE LIVELY IEM VS. THE CHINA's PRIDE

hje900 (single) dynamic driver = X
vs.
ue700 (dual) balanced armature drivers = Y
vs.
yuin pk2 (earbud) = Z

source: mp3 320kbps, MACBOOK PRO

hi guys..another update here, well let's see...
i have 5 tracks to compare them.
my reason...
to tell their strength, their weaknesses.
to know which genres plays best in this in/earphones.

ME AND MRS. JONES, MICHAEL BUBLE
blues/jazz

X:     the echo is present. no doubt. making the sound relaxing. airy. LIQUIDLY SMOOTH. it feels like you are listening in a sealed container. oozing mids. GLOOMY. like that. well all instruments present on this track is very intimate. the voice is not too upfront. some instrument are upfront, leaving the voice of the artist a little bit behind. well in jazz, this is great iem, making you very involved in the music. intimate... realistic sound of instruments, there is a lot of definition. there is a lot of BOOM-BOOM, then BAM!!! the bass here is very very good. then the female voice behind buble is a little teasing sounding...well its really more than nice.
Y:    the first intro of the music...you will say WOW...ohhh. sweet. and very very lively. waking you up to the glum. more involving than the pannys. the soundstage is superb. unmatched. the voice is very very upfront, leaving ALL instruments behind. the bass is tight, just enough. it wont cloud any frequencies...in pannies, the bass is deeper, very deep actually. the air that is present on the track is present here... one word to describe this: MUSICAL.
Z:    wow. almost...almost the same as the ue700, but the beautiful highs of the UE is not present. but the highs here is just right. just enough. not tuned. the voice like the pannies. not upfront, but centered. the instruments are really singing... detailed. yes. the air is there. many layers of details is present. but not as wide as the pannies. not as 3d as the ue700. less but also better. Just right sound. just right slam. right bam. you will be content with its sound. involving yes, but compared to ue700, it will be too much. like in a coffee, this will be the right amount of sugar and milk... you will not be missing any slam here. its there and its just enough. compared to pannies, the oozing mids is gone. the bass is not as prominent as with the pannies. the sound is much closer to ue700 without the highs and the 3d soundstage.

LONG SHOT, KELLY CLARKSON
pop

X:     i just found out that there is noise on my tracks... well this iem is not forgiving to the source...revealing. it can coupe with the upbeat song - longshot. the sound is relaxing yet upbeat. the bass here is realistic. not artificially made, but natural. the highs and the lows makes the sound engaging...the mids..is somewhat flat. there is no layers in soundstage. it can breathe freely...can make the air move. can do more than what you can throw at this. it is very dynamic. punchy. fast. powerful.
Y:    revealing too, just like the pannies. the sound with the ue700 is a little thin. it is like gasping for air to breathe more...needing more muscle. more body. it can keep with fast tracks, the thin sound is present with fast tracks. sibilant. its like it needs a little air to move the sound more.  it is limited by its size.  very detailed. but thin sounding. 
Z:    the earbud, yuin here can do just like what the pannies did.  it is capable of handling fast tracks...details are all present. nice to listen to. the bass in pannies is much deeper. much realistic. here, its just enough. the electric guitar is more present...the sibilance is not present...unlike in ue700. too much instruments...very fast track, making it a hard to handle, but the yuins can handle it nicely...than ue700 and pannies. the moving air inside the pannies is not present here, the air is moving in and out...making this more natural...due to its holes on the body.

BEFORE BARBED WIRE, GEORGE WINSTON
classical, intrumental

X:   the sound here is intimate. extended. vibrating. yes...moving. the decay of the sound...the piano..wow.  really amazing. it is just like you are both in a room. you feel the vibration of the iem. the echo is present...in a nice way. it is like a tail to the frequency...reflecting. following. moving. nice...very nice. it wont fail you in instrumental music.
Y:   thin sounding compared to pannies. intimate too. here, i really like pannies much.  the sound here is energetic. engaging. lively. but thin. it is like listening in a lifeless artificial sounding balanced armatures...here is where i think ue700 fail me. the sound of the piano is much nicer with pannies. very limited. COLD!
Z:   hmmm. wait... it is not thin sounding like my ue700, but somehow...they are similar in pannies echo..air...  the pianos is more seriously heard with pannies.. here, it is 80% similar, but the air is not a problem. more freely rendered. the echo is somewhat not moving around and around...it just sounds there but it doesnt stay long...the echo helps but here all is natural.

HAND IN MY POCKET, ALANIS MORISSETTE
live/acoustic

X:   the air is really drowning me. it is laidback. mellow. the sound here should be more lively...it is LIVE ACOUSTIC. but here i feel like i needed clarity. the signature of panny here is blocking the real music...the soundstage fails me. i dont know why the instruments become more upfront than the voice...hmmm. the harmonica of alanis...is making me sleepy. dreamy. no matter how Alanis tried to shout the ONE HAND IN MY POCKET, it is making me want to sleep. the mids is the strong point here. the details are oozing. but i hate the voice placement.
Y:    well, what can i say... WOW. i really like to stay with my ue700 here. the instruments here are lively. the voice here is upfront. i dont hear any problems at all!  each instruments can be heard at the back of the voice. the instruments here are very very amazing!  the 3d soundstage is helpful...its like you are there in the concert place.  the harmonica sounded right. hell it is! the instruments...wow. did i already said that??? well ill say it again... the instruments here...WOW. to remind you, to register in your brain that the ue700 sings here excellently!
Z:   well, it is not dreamy here. it is like i am also wearing my ue700 here. the echo...is present. the highs..the instruments is much the same as the ue700...but with less beautiful lively highs. this comes secondly to the ue700. the sound is clear. bright as the ue700.. very similar to the ue700. the harmonicas...well it sounded harmonica but with less energy than the ue700. here, i am missing my 3d soundstage. the details are focus here. the instruments here is sweet...a little gloomy but still the sweet highs is present. i think i really like the signature of yuins here at acoustic..than the pannies.

HALO, BEYONCE
rock

X:    the unmistakeable realistic sound of piano is present here. the boom of the bass is so nice. it completes me...like that. but hope the voice is more upfront. the details is of high resolution. but still i feel like going to sleep here...even the genre is rock. hahaha...it is not engaging. it will make you thump your feet on the ground. but it wont make you move to dance along with the music...it needs a little clarity to make this a perfect iem for this genre.
Y:    the piano is nicely done. the claps here is lively. engaging.  very engaging. the claps alone will make you move...the claps has that beautiful highs...come on people lets clap!!! lets clap!!! LIKE THAT. WELL here i am fully awake. i hate pannys compared to ue700 in this genre. i needed more body here. more air. to make this perfect.
Z:    the final pair...well, this is IN between the ue700 and pannies. it is a little dreamy but a little lively too...so i call it between the two. well, the echo again is the difference between this and ue700. right now...my head is aching and my ears...too much sound, too much change of in/earphones... please forgive me hear...but i had enough...ill just continue this tomorrow and make the final conclusion...

again, i would like to say to anyone...everyone.
i did this comparison not to tell WHO WILL BE THE WINNER.
IT DOESNT MATTER.
i respect each's strength and their weaknesses. i love it for what it was...
what signature it carries.
it doesnt matter to me who is more prominent between the three.
what matters is we will know which is best for a certain genre.

if you are an acoustic guy, a jazz lover...a pop lover or rock lover... 
well you know where to look.

you know which is for you.
and that is my reason here.
to guide...to share.

for us to know more.
so...

i did not write this to make the pannies win or something.
i just want to know...which fits the best for a certain track.

...to be continued.

Oct 30, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 4
cool review thnx
smily_headphones1.gif
!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back